Sonic Electronix

Hey guys, i have 2 15" DC Lvl 4 w/ Lvl 5 coils running off a SAZ-3000d. I keep having trouble with my subs blowing or some shit. I've had to send them in for recones about 5 times now. I had my box built and everything installed by a local shop down where i live, and it was supposedly thing best idea. Alot of people tell me my amp and box arent tuned right and im playing too many lows and that is what is causing them to blow. The subs are D1 and wired to 1 ohm. All 0 gauge, 235 amp alt, and 2 optima batts.. Ill post a pic of the box.

Hey006.jpg

The box is actually TWO seperate boxes and they are very small, so is the port.. One of my subs is actually in the process of being reconed as i type this, and the other i still had in the box, i went outside to wash my car and i was playing a little music.. i had the volume maybe 1/4 of the way turned up.. just enough to hear the words. I was playing a CD and my radio started to skip, i let it play for about 30 more seconds and the i realized my sub had stopped moving.. so i shut the whole car off then back on and my sub still wouldnt work.

Basicly, what i am getting at is how the hell do i get my subs to stop blowing?? I dont bump the shit out of them, but when i do play them its all lows like Gucci and Jeezy type music.

2008 Hummer H3

x2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V2 12s

x1 Sundown Audio 3000D

Some Info on what is actually blowing (tensils popping, spiders tearing, coil coming apart ect. ect.)would be nice to get more accurate help. As well as the box specs and tuning frequency.

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

Some Info on what is actually blowing (tensils popping, spiders tearing, coil coming apart ect. ect.)would be nice to get more accurate help. As well as the box specs and tuning frequency.

I think the coils were blowing, im not 100% sure :(.

Also i dont know what the box is tuned to :(

2008 Hummer H3

x2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V2 12s

x1 Sundown Audio 3000D

Something's not right for sure, need more info... I used to run 2 of them off 3k+ rms and had no issues, my box was 8 cubes after displacement

Team DC Audio : Team Shok : Team NWSPL Co-Founder

Head: Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

Front Stage: Morel Tempo 6.5's/ CDT 6.5's

Subs: (4) 15'' DC XL's, 15 cubes @ 38hz

Sub Amps: (2) Shok 5k's

Speaker Amp: Shok 100.4

Wiring: Shok Industries 1/0

Electrical: White Mechman 270/Adjustable Voltage/3 Shuriken BT120's/3 XS XP3000's

FPiYT.jpg?9395

i pushed around 3k PER Level 4 w Level 5 coils and they never had any issues, somethings def not right

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!