Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Okay, so Iam working on my step daughters mustang, man is there lots of work... starting with the engine and body work. Its got a inline 6cyl, been reading up, and supposivly the inline 6 is alot stronger build of an engine due to how its built, the crank mains, and its ability to hold a higher rpm, like 7000-8000rpm, I just finished rebuilding the cyliner head tonite after 2 days of cleaning carbon build up, valves, and everything else..... So, those were the good parts of the engine, the bad parts is, I would like to do slight performance, header is taken care of, but the intake, well, intake is molded on the head, no luck there, some company in AUSTRALIA makes heads with seperate intake, and options of fuel injection, side drafts, 4bbl, ect ect... But umm., $1500-2500 is really out of the question....

My questions were to any mustang lovers here, know of any companies other than Offy that makes some stuff for this motor? or should I go for a 289/302 for about the same price as I need to spend to fix up this motor $300-500, and I already dropped $125-150 in this engine alone, and it WILL run like a charm when put back together, I just want a little more balls, and being original is always better than floating with everyone else

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Posted
Okay, so Iam working on my step daughters mustang, man is there lots of work... starting with the engine and body work. Its got a inline 6cyl, been reading up, and supposivly the inline 6 is alot stronger build of an engine due to how its built, the crank mains, and its ability to hold a higher rpm, like 7000-8000rpm, I just finished rebuilding the cyliner head tonite after 2 days of cleaning carbon build up, valves, and everything else..... So, those were the good parts of the engine, the bad parts is, I would like to do slight performance, header is taken care of, but the intake, well, intake is molded on the head, no luck there, some company in AUSTRALIA makes heads with seperate intake, and options of fuel injection, side drafts, 4bbl, ect ect... But umm., $1500-2500 is really out of the question....

My questions were to any mustang lovers here, know of any companies other than Offy that makes some stuff for this motor? or should I go for a 289/302 for about the same price as I need to spend to fix up this motor $300-500, and I already dropped $125-150 in this engine alone, and it WILL run like a charm when put back together, I just want a little more balls, and being original is always better than floating with everyone else

Of course any ford fan will tell you to drop the 6 and go for the 8. i assume you aren't tring to keep the vins the same?

Either a 289/302 or I would even look at a 351W. Thats what I went to when I dropped my 289 years back

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Posted

I seen a few 351s for really cheap, but read on some mustang forums, once you get that engine in that body, your screwed just doing simple things like a tune up--- No room with that engine, think the 351 is considered big block, or a wider deg block... Vins, I can care less, she just wants a cool cruiser

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Posted

drop a 4.6 cobra 4 valve.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Posted
drop a 4.6 cobra 4 valve.

X100 screw that old technology get the latest and greatest version of the 289.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 901 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...