Items have have passed through my room:

Speakers/drivers:

SPL Monitor 4000's (dual 10's + 1" dome tweeter each)

Yamaha towers with dual 8's and a 1" titanium dome tweeter each

Philips (?) Single 10, single 4, single 1.5" tweeter each

Braxton towers with dual 6.5's and single 1" dome tweeter each (current)

Cerwin Vega 158 (current, free-air)

JBL800 single 8, single tweeter each

a 10" powered sub that I forget the name of (did ok, was a "decent" brand)

Amps:

Sony something or other...

Sony Solid State (forget model, I liked it, needs caps replaced now)

Yamaha RX-495 (current)

Philips something or other (came with the speakers, needs some reworking)

and some rack mount amp from about 1985ish that weighs about 80lb's.. its in storage at the moment. 400w RMS @ 8 ohms iirc, i've run it at 4 ohms on a pair of kicker S10L5's and it worked fine (it got damn loud lol)

In storage I have a crapload of stuff lol... pair of 18's, 4 12's, 6 10's, 4 8's, 7 6.5's, and a box or two of random tweeters (horn, dome, silk, etc).

Some day i'll put some of this stuff into a "proper" setup.. some day.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

• 2 weeks later...

DD Powered Monitors for normal listening, Amped Sennheiser HD595s for late night/games, Some canadian towers off a Pioneer A400X for movies with an Arvus 10" sub in a tapped horn on 300wrms filling out the bottom end.

Oh, and a projector with a 100" screen. In my bedroom. Ooops :popcorn:

EDIT: Just turned on the old horn sub again for the first time in ages... god I'd forgotten how good this little thing sounds. Not huge SPL but damn it's accurate.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

My set up is nothing special

46" Toshiba LCD TV :santa:

Samson SX3200(1100x2 @ 4ohms)RMS(800x2 @ 8ohms)RMS (Running at 8 ohms only using one channel) :santa:

1 15" Kicker CVR tuned to 26hz in a 2.9 cubic ft box :ban2::yahoo: :yahoo:

1 Sony X-Plod 4 channel amp.

Front Stage: 2 Sony center channel speakers

Rear Stage: 2 Sony rear channel surround speakers.

I'll get pictures later.

Some people could care less about who the genius is that is making the product... They just want to get it cheap and say "derrrr, look at teh pretty lights in muh dash!"

Because audio is a lifestyle not a hobby.

Things that I am allergic too....

1. Haters
  2. Bitch Notes

DD Powered Monitors for normal listening, Amped Sennheiser HD595s for late night/games, Some canadian towers off a Pioneer A400X for movies with an Arvus 10" sub in a tapped horn on 300wrms filling out the bottom end.

Oh, and a projector with a 100" screen. In my bedroom. Ooops :popcorn:

EDIT: Just turned on the old horn sub again for the first time in ages... god I'd forgotten how good this little thing sounds. Not huge SPL but damn it's accurate.

Very nice.

Pictures would be nice please. :santa::drinks:

Some people could care less about who the genius is that is making the product... They just want to get it cheap and say "derrrr, look at teh pretty lights in muh dash!"

1. Haters
  2. Bitch Notes

• 1 month later...

OP i think you overdid it on the speakers a bit, lol. how much you get them for?

Its really easy to hook up a car audio system in your room, its just a fact of how you do it, anyway nice system

Who over did it on there speakers.

You can never have to much of anything. :good:

1. Haters
  2. Bitch Notes

• 5 months later...

OP i think you overdid it on the speakers a bit, lol. how much you get them for?

Its really easy to hook up a car audio system in your room, its just a fact of how you do it, anyway nice system

Who over did it on there speakers.

You can never have to much of anything. :good:

u can NEVER have too many speakers! my new towers have 14 woofers and 7 tweets in each!

IMG_1923_zpseba25f4f.jpgIMG_1275_zps14ef358e.jpg

Archived