Second Skin Audio

new member looking for box help for an FI ssd

Hi im new to this forum, im trying out smd forums due to lack of quality help on other forums.

My question, i have a 2005 chevy silverado regular cab pickup and Im not the best at enclosure design especially a ported truck box. i was wondering if anyone can check out my box design and see if its a descent design or if i need to adjust the port length? It is built and plays well but seems to be lacking a bit could just be the amp but id like someone elses opinion.

i have a single FI ssd 10" stock options currently off a bridged Digital Designs c2a, i have a alpine pdx-1000 in the mail.

My box is made from 3/4 mdf, 32" wide x 14.5" tall x top depth 4.5" bottom depth 9", box before any displacements is 1.2 cuft

single 3" aeroport 16.25 long, 15.25 usable length due to flared ends

subwoofer displacement is .12cuft

the subwoofer sits dead in the center of the truck and ports into the drivers cab corner.

here is a picture of the box b4 the rear panel was installed, i did put a brace between the sub and the port thinking it would help with loading / not allowing the air waves to blow straight out the box, dunno if that was a good or bad idea???

ssdbox.jpg

i get a tuning of about 32hz...and about .99cft net...which all sounds good

i would remove the brace though..probably restricting air flow out of the port

and i would also make sure you have a few inches between your port and the cab wall its firing into

i likes me some audio stuff...

if anything move that brace to the other side better air flow to port

SKAR_468x60.jpg

1998 Nissan 200sx

NOW:

Dex-p98r head

Planet Audio 300.4 mids and highs

Planet Audio/Pioneer tweeters/crossovers

Skar SK1500.1

3 SKAR Vvx15 dual 4 wired at .63

I got 1.006 cubic feet using BBP6 and 31 hz tuning, i think box size it´s good, the brace between port and sub it´s a good idea, but it´s way to close to the port and i think affects air flow, i would ditch it, but the box looks good!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Well, at least for me, i wouldn´t tune lower than 35 hz, specially on a small box and a single 10" sub , but it depends on your music likes bro.

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Okay sounds good thanks for your help. it does hit some of the low lows very well but seems to be lacking in other areas. i think im tunned too low.

whats the characteristics of a sub tuned real low like this is? do you lose output and that authority it should have? this sounds great if i wanted a nice SQ smooth low bass but i want more umphhh.

If all those tips don't help just rip out the center seat and consle and do a regular box with sub and port firing to the rear. It worked well in my friends truck.

dc lvl 4xl 12

kicker zx1500

2 sets of kicker ds6.5s

optima yellow top (extra batt) with big 3

1/0 guage and 3 150amp anls

eclipse cd5000 headunit