I've been trying to get rid of this car for 6 months now and it just sits in my driveway and haunts me. its a 1999 VW Passat that I'm only asking $1200 for (196k miles)

someone emailed me offering me a 42" Sony Bravia lcd 1080p 120hz tv with blue ray player for my car. I have a 28" Westinghouse flat screen. I have another car I drive everyday. I was going to use the $1200 I wanted for the passat to put away to either move out or put towards a downpayment for a nicer car.

idk what to do. I'd love to have a nice tv sitting on my wall but I'd also like to have that $1200 in my bank account. at the same time, there are a TON of tire kickers out there. I've brought the price down from $2500 to $1200 and still no one has actually come through with cash and this guy is serious about trading the TV and dvd player

any input is welcome :drinks:

Tv and car well worth around the same price. Our 52" LCD 1080p 60hz S series Bravia tv was about 2k

money for the car would be a lot better though

Edited by 7jezuz7

An Audio Technix 18" Strato on a Kicker KX120.2

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

I've bought from JBurt09, OrionStang, bcpballer64, LoudNLow931, audioman21, and CJ18 from here (as refs)

7j2.png

do it and sell the tv?

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

my living room doesn't have a tv so I'd put my old one in the living room. I only paid like $350 for it 2 years ago so it wouldn't be worth selling.

I told the guy that best buy has the tv on sale for $809 so he would have to add something on top and he asked me how much cash.. how much would be fair?

809+300 = 1100 and tell him hes getting the deal, 100 off your price.

BUT, in reality you'd be losing money because theres no way you'll sell that tv for retail.

Edited by vengfuldev

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

oh I would keep the TV. in reality I paid $1300 for the car, paid $35 for 2 new tie rod ends, got 2 brand new axles for free, and installed it all myself. I'm not the type to add my labor into what the car is "worth". I just think $1200 is a score for this car in the first place. I should be driving it but I can't afford insurance right now so I'm driving one of the extra cars that my family has

why are there over 50 views, 6 people currently viewing, and only 4 people commented. come one people! what would you do? it's not rocket science. just give your opinion.

I would say do it, i mean the money is nice but if this is the only serious offer that you have gotten i would go for it. Just make sure there is NOTHING wrong with the tv, no dead pixels and all of the AV and HDMI ports are working correctly. Sound like you could use a tv and i am pretty sure he could use the car. GOOD LUCK MAN!