1st computer build any tips?

Get a cheaper power supply (like you can still have a good one for about $30, mine cost me $24 and it's going 3 years strong) then you can afford to get a good graphics card, like this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161315 I've had that one for over a year and I love it.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Get a cheaper power supply (like you can still have a good one for about $30, mine cost me $24 and it's going 3 years strong) then you can afford to get a good graphics card, like this one http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814161315 I've had that one for over a year and I love it.

Never thought about that, that is why i was asking.

Be careful not to bend the pins on the cpu when installing it...

To much thermal paste isn't any better than not enough...

And last... TAKE YOUR TIME! Goodluck :)

Edit: Personally I like to build and work on mine on a clean linoleum floor in BAREFEET...take your socks off...they cause more static then you could even imagine... and if in doubt reground you hand on the computer chassis.

Thats what i was thinking, i just re did my kitchen so i was going to do. lol

What i do for all my computer builds is daily scan Frys Electronics Ads and wait till i find an amazing deal on every part. Makes it so much cheaper than buying a whole pc. Thursdays are their big deal day fyi

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Also, make sure all your motherboard grounding screws are tight. Or else you will have fuzzy speakers

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Also, make sure all your motherboard grounding screws are tight. Or else you will have fuzzy speakers

They are all connected to a common ground plane. Fuzzy speakers would probably indicate an issue somewhere that over tightening the screws just covered up.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.