Sonic Electronix

Hey guys,

So I made a post recently about 2 Fi BL 15's running on a Soundstream TX12600D asking if this was a good choice. I guess it was if both 15's were fully stocked. But then I got some news that I didn't want to hear. Someone said I need to buy an alternator.. Is that ABSOLUTELY needed for this system? Like, I really hope not because I was hoping to not pay more then I already was, and also, I was gonna work on the engine of my car, like turbo, etc. So, if I don't get an alternator, would it still be fine?

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

depends if you do the big 3, lots of runs of 0 guage, how many batts in the back. if your asking if you can do that on STOCK elc? then ehh..

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

Its going to be an 04 Honda Civic LX? Haha, yeah small ass car. Haha, but yeah, like I don't wanna add an alternator AT all, so I'm asking if theres anyway I dont need to purchase one. Like my friend has 2 15's running 2.6k watts and he just has an amp and the subs.. no alternator, no batteries, just the box, the subs, and the amp. And it slaps. Thats how I want mine.. Is that possible? And his car is a Honda Accord

Edited by RyanJin

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Oh hell yeah your gonna need one.Those alts from honda dont make the greatest amps and it really depends i mean im not too sure if the soundstreams are that current hungry..if your voltage is dropping to 11s and lower then your gonna need a alternator..12 volts is not bad just causes more heat which in turn causes your amp to have to work harder.

and seeing your alt makes 70 amp YEAH your gonna need a bigger one.ill bet your friends voltage is suffering a lot and lets just hope he dont blow some shit.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Its going to be an 04 Honda Civic LX? Haha, yeah small ass car. Haha, but yeah, like I don't wanna add an alternator AT all, so I'm asking if theres anyway I dont need to purchase one. Like my friend has 2 15's running 2.6k watts and he just has an amp and the subs.. no alternator, no batteries, just the box, the subs, and the amp. And it slaps. Thats how I want mine.. Is that possible? And his car is a Honda Accord

You wanna put in a system in your car, and wanna turbo it, and you won't spend 2-300 on an alt? You make it sound like its the end of the world that whomever told you was looking out for you. Its not like putting an alt in the car is hard, hondas are really easy to do alts.Also why do you want a turboed car/ "fast" car with a system? You making a show car?

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Yeah see so your willing to spend 1000-5000 dollars on a turbo to make it fast right?and doing it all good and legit and making it right? why not put that extra money also to that alt im sure 300 isnt too bad compared to 1K and up for your turbo.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.