Sonic Electronix

I never knew I could change it. It's always seemed to work for me. I'll have to look into that.

its a drop down menu around the reset display button.

there is 1x 2x and 3x

1x goes up to like 256hz

2x is 128hz

4x is 64hz

since yours is more a ground pounder you could have it on 4x and have 64 hz be the upper limit it reads

Very odd.....still.............i'd be very happy....my best score on music was also a 153.6 ;)

Edit...oops..i meant in the kick...lol Music is where it's at!

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

How long were you holding you're burp for, and were you rolling up? Or just full out pause/play?

I would roll up for about a second and roll down. It's been proven to yield higher numbers. I just didn't hold it very long.

You'll start shredding windshields with a stripper pole. Onc you stop the roof flex, the windshield is the only thing left to flex.

That's ok. I get $45 dollar replacements through one of my shops and it makes for better videos.

its a drop down menu around the reset display button.

there is 1x 2x and 3x

1x goes up to like 256hz

2x is 128hz

4x is 64hz

since yours is more a ground pounder you could have it on 4x and have 64 hz be the upper limit it reads

Thanks, I'll try that when I go out next.

Very odd.....still.............i'd be very happy....my best score on music was also a 153.6 ;)

Edit...oops..i meant in the kick...lol Music is where it's at!

It makes for great demos, don't get me wrong. I am VERY happy with the turn out, but I'm baffled by what's going on (no pun intended). There has to be something I'm missing.

We'll see what happens after I seal it up from the back and brace everything. Hell, it's not even tuned yet.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

For me I can ALWAYS turn cd's up to 47ish volume and my phone up to only 39. Try slowly bringing your volume up more see if they start to distort/bottom. unless you play everything including music off of cd's and I just read over it, if thats the case I'm convinced its the fact that its equalized music as to flat tones.

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

I'm louder on music than burps too.. But barely I burp a 153.6 and on music I did a 154.0 driver door open termlab on windshield. 154.8 in the kick

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Alpine cda 9886

4 AA Mayhem 15"s dual 1.4

1 Dc 9k

10.5 cubes tuned at 36hz

156.1 dash 154.6 meca mod 4 157.0 kick

2 xs power d3100s

mechman 270 amp

2011 Ca state champ meca modified 4 and p&p 4..

VIDEOS.............BUILD LOG

I used to know a guy who had to hold a burp forever to build up pressure Im wanting to say like 10 seconds

Build up pressure? So rarefaction doesn't play a role? I'm not being a dick, I'm just trying to figure this out.

For me I can ALWAYS turn cd's up to 47ish volume and my phone up to only 39. Try slowly bringing your volume up more see if they start to distort/bottom. unless you play everything including music off of cd's and I just read over it, if thats the case I'm convinced its the fact that its equalized music as to flat tones.

My subs don't bottom out. I've tried. And I never play any clipping. These tests were done with known good volumes.

I'm louder on music than burps too.. But barely I burp a 153.6 and on music I did a 154.0 driver door open termlab on windshield. 154.8 in the kick

Well I'm glad to hear someone else has this...erm.."problem" lol. I guess I should just roll with it since I don't compete dBDrag...

[email protected]

See another thing about what you said is your scores were very close. Mine had over 4dB separation...strange.

[email protected]

Could it have something to do with the fact that its not sealed off yet? I'd address that first before you worry too much about it.

1989 Chevy Caprice Classic
350ci V8 High Performance

JVC Arsenal HU

JL XR series components

Infinity Reference 6x9s

Pioneer Premier 4-Channel

Clarion 2-Channel

Rockford Fosgate Series 1 2-Channel

Fusion 2000.1D

MTX Crossover

RF, Knu, Kicker, and Monster wiring

NVX VCW 12in. Sub **Won on here from the Sonic contest!**

*Build log coming soon!*

Starting all over pretty much which the gear listed...lost almost everything I had, including my life. Never take life and what's in it for granted.

I seen this^

And assuming he meant the wall, I only seen the pics of the build in your avatar

I do remember you saying that you had a resonance higher than tuning due to how small the box was to how large the box SHOULD be

I know when you build boxes to small, especially in coupled systems ( multiple subs same airspace) You see a rise at a much higher than port tuning frequency

I assume even though you are tuned low, the subs are wanting to play higher than tuning just due to airspace

Are you running LVL 5s? I don't know much about what your running, but i do know, and I and Ssacket have both tested on our own testing equipment that DC's, due to how stiff the spiders are, out of the box, not broken in, a LVL 5 18 has a fs of about 70hz

The 10s and 12s are closer to 100hz- I actually tested a LVL 4XL with a 115hz Fs with the stiff spiders

So, just saying, if the subs are DC's, and still fresh, they are not getting the movement from tones at a low frequency yet. Music, which is of course chopped or just bass added, does have more signal output with the bass hits, so it will get the woofers moving more with music, than

Basically restriction between the woofers and the clamshell now due to not being broken in yet? Just a thought, as I said, I really don't know what your running, but progressive spiders like in DC, and Fi, and RE, the stiff spiders really need to be broken in- its just a progressive spider problem

Then also, something tuned low, in a vehicle with probably a higher cabin resonance due to having a wall can cause numbers to not be as accurate as expected

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived