totally lost now. can i get some help

alright so i went to a hobby shop on base earlier to do the big 3 and one of the workers saw the knu 1/0 gauge and was talking about extra batts and i said yes i have one already just waiting to hook it up..... he asked parallel or series i said parallel of course well then he said i need a solenoid and that shocked me because i have never heard of anybody on this site using one for extra batteries in the trunk.....so what is it and do i actually need one? or was that guy just incorrect?

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

lol wtf hes retarded. dont listen to him evar again.

edit: he probably means a battery isolator, if he does, still dont get one.

Edited by Kranny

Hes probably talking about the thing you get installed for you boat batteries, so you can switch between the two. Only reason you would want one is if you wanna waste your time and money

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

i almost fell over laughing! ok thank you thats saving money, time, and my patience!

oh by the way he said it was a ford solenoid so that the batteries arent "trading"current back and forth or something which seems to negate the reason you add a second battery maybe

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

You don't need one. He just wants your $$

thank you but he isnt selling anything. its a place you pay just 2 bucks and bring your car in they got any tool you need with pneumatic and electric too and lifts, jacks, tires, welders, etc. its not a shop for profit but the workers there help out alot i guess they get bored because its a DIY place.

battery isolators are so if you are an idiot and you play your stereo for a long time with out the car running, then you still have a charge on the primary battery under the hood.

you know that is probably what he meant but his specific words were that i need a solenoid made by ford

battery isolators are so if you are an idiot and you play your stereo for a long time with out the car running, then you still have a charge on the primary battery under the hood.

isolators also come with 1 unlisted feature, a blown out alternator in the future.