Second Skin Audio

Subs Facing Up

Is there a big difference if the subs or firing up instead of the rear of the trunk? Ports will be facing rear no matter what. I have about 11 cubes to play with and will be putting 4 Infinity 12's. My whole trunk and rear deck is already matted so damping should be good.

Thats alot of trunk space..Tho i like the subs and port both firing in to the cab itself... Usually trunk builds like the one your thinking of sound like ass and you have alot of rattling in the back and very lil bas up front.. Anyway pics of the space you have will help us...

2002 civic

2- 12in dc lvl5s

1- crescendo 3kwp ( 1 more on the way)

1- stock honda alt

4-xs d3100s

3-asa300.2 amps

6- PB 4XL's

4-PB l-3h tweets

and a bunch of other sh!t

the build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/74044-project-will-it-fit/

Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/slammedblackbish

Thats alot of trunk space..Tho i like the subs and port both firing in to the cab itself... Usually trunk builds like the one your thinking of sound like ass and you have alot of rattling in the back and very lil bas up front.. Anyway pics of the space you have will help us...

That's what I was thinking too. I could do just three and seal off right behind the rear seat firing into the cab. Only thing is, not sure if I can get all 3 on the front face with only 34" of width. Maybe putting the two outer subs at the bottom and the center one at the top of the face with the ports below and above each sub.

That's what I was thinking too. I could do just three and seal off right behind the rear seat firing into the cab. Only thing is, not sure if I can get all 3 on the front face with only 34" of width. Maybe putting the two outer subs at the bottom and the center one at the top of the face with the ports below and above each sub.

from this statement i dont see it workin out. 34in is not alot of space to cram 3 12s AND port into

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

from this statement i dont see it workin out. 34in is not alot of space to cram 3 12s AND port into

Maybe with above averge height. I think we need to know the height that goes with the 34"W opening.

What about upfiring subs and the ports could go into the rear deck? I'd still try to have front firing subs and port. Second choice for me would be rear/rear (as long as it can breathe some). What are the maximum dimensions available in the trunk? We need dimensions to envision what we would all prefer to do.

Stetsom 11K2d

6-12" DC XL's

8 batts

Ohio Generator alt

2 punch 400's, 8 goldwood 6.5's, 4 selenium st200's

2010 MECA AS1 champ 146.7

Team DC I'm on the wagon, driving a wagon!

'90 Camry Wagon

155+ on music

member of MECA, FCBC, and IASCA

Yea like i said pics are needed... I doubt it would work , but subs forward port thru rear deck?!?!?! Or another option is maybe sell your 4-12s and get 2 more beasty 12s and call it a day...

2002 civic

2- 12in dc lvl5s

1- crescendo 3kwp ( 1 more on the way)

1- stock honda alt

4-xs d3100s

3-asa300.2 amps

6- PB 4XL's

4-PB l-3h tweets

and a bunch of other sh!t

the build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/74044-project-will-it-fit/

Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/slammedblackbish

Or another option is maybe sell your 4-12s and get 2 more beasty 12s and call it a day...

Do this. You'll be set.

I understand that it looks cool to have a ton of subs, but in your situation, you would most likely be louder and better off to do less subs and give them the right amount of air space each instead of cramming a ton in there and doing it wrong.

When it comes to car audio, more isn't always better.

Edited by Destram