Second Skin Audio

Got A Box On The Go Finally

Quin

those orions are gonna bang son! x2 on what are you gonna power them with?

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

those orions are gonna bang son! x2 on what are you gonna power them with?

oh sorry i didnt explain properly, im going to use an orion hcca d5000 wired to both of the subs for the time being, and then get another so i can run them 1 each and re wire the subs to 1ohm :)

id do at least a triple baffle on that box, and also make a brace/rest for the subs magnet..

Other then that, its looking kick ass!

lol triple baffle?? really?! damn man its already 2inches thick, ive put up support for the baffle, i mean if it takes my weight, it should b fine no?

man i been workin on this since half 3, its half 12 in the morn now :lol: time flies sometimes, my backs aching too, wonder how my uncle feels, he's been a mechanic his whole life :blink: ouch!

lol triple baffle?? really?! damn man its already 2inches thick, ive put up support for the baffle, i mean if it takes my weight, it should b fine no?

man i been workin on this since half 3, its half 12 in the morn now :lol: time flies sometimes, my backs aching too, wonder how my uncle feels, he's been a mechanic his whole life :blink: ouch!

Looking at this pic Posted Image

Its looking like your 2nd baffle is the pieces of wood from the shipping box.

Wood only looks like 3/4 too me.

I dont think Id use them two seprate pieces of wood that came in the boxes just because it wont be as strong as 1 solid piece of wood.

If you are using 1"mdf id for sure say a double front baffle, just for the fact that it is a decently sized box.

I also remember you saying that the owners manual said that the sub can either be mounted straight up or down due to its weight issues. No idea which way you are firing your box, but Im assuming to the rear since both port and sub is on the same side. The double baffle will give you more strength for mounting the sub.

Also having a brace under the magnet as a rest will help support the sub taking less weight off the front baffle.

I picked up a 12 inch like yours at the shop and I was amazed. The first thing I did was peeled off the rubber to see how much was actually magnet and how much was rubber and I was very susprised that the rubber casing is thin.

Your running a spl sub. When you get your second d5000 you will be pushing 5000wrms. Build that box solid!

cheers for the repy man,

yeah they are the pieces of wood from the shipping box,im using them simply because they help when mounting the subs,

especially if no ones round to help me :(

im sure once theyr screwed in, theyl b ok no?

il put support for the magnet weight too..

as for mounting, it might have to be facing straight up, im going to seal off the trunk from the cabin too.

il try it facing the back of the car too, but its going to b hard with these bish's in the box!! knw wat i mean?!

U gonna put some more wood on the front baffel, them subs are heavy looking man! Good job on the build.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Archived