Sundown Audio

OCT System of the month VOTE 48 sa 10s

You know, normally I would say 1/8th in steel for roof bracing is retarded and not needed for a daily driver....

But in your case, Hank, I'll make an exception. LoL

layer of 1/2" x 2" tube steel welded across first then a layer of 1/8" plate steel on top of that. then from left to right i will also have 3 more pieces of tube steel acting as the old roof brace. then fill the void above it all and sound deaden it then place the headliner back up.

should be good for my roof. next is figuring something out for my rear doors. possibly using plate steel on all 4 doors

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

951367c9.jpg

2efc356f.jpg

38f64291.jpg

d7676e80.jpg

c9d9bfd0.jpg

568f95c2.jpg

54e811c3.jpg

so theres one layer of steel done :)

i have a headliner ready to be put up and welded thats 1/8" thick steel plate. i will still be able to put my headliner back up. i will fill the void between the steel and roof with expanding foam. :)

WOOT hopes for a gain

now that bracing right there will put you in the 60s. easily! r you gonna run a center brace from the roof to the floor as well?

and i watched the videos and i bet this thing plays loud all day!

this is spam imo, its not allowed here

192cf2b8.jpg

efc8b6c3.jpg

0c6513d3.jpg

fef8edc7.jpg

1e19fc54.jpg

needless to say this thing seems to move ALOT more air now with this up there. i still have alot of work to do before i put it back together but man im stoked. it sounds ALOT better not having the roof flopping in your ear when you are listening to music. once i deaden it and get the cracks welded up then filled with foam i think its gonna sound nice.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

holy shit its gonna be loud and bullet proof lol!!

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

nice man, vid please???

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic