memphisbasshead Posted June 27, 2010 Report Posted June 27, 2010 Are these speakers any good? alpine type s My Car Audio Setup: Sub: 1 RE Audio HC 15 Dual 2 ohm(soon to get a psi recone) Daily Sub Box: 1.62 cubes net with 2 dayton audio 8 inch passive radiators tuned to 34.35 hz, 141.9 @ 48 hz sealed on the dash with termlab Competition Sub Box: 3.10 cubic ft. net tuned to 50.58 hz with 2 6 inch aeroports, 147.9 @ 62 hz sealed on the dash with termlab Amp: Powerbass ASA 1000.1 Dx(eventually gonna get a planet audio bb2400.1) Big 3: Phoenix Gold 1/0 Gauge Amp Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 gauge Alternator: Stock 90 amp Battery Under the hood: Autocraft Gold Top Battery Battery In Back: None for now but I am looking for one so pm me if you have one for sale HU: Pioneer DEH-2900MP Front/Rear Amp: Hifonics Txi-4408 4 channel amp Front Speakers: Orion Cobalt 6.5 coaxial Rear Deck Speakers: Orion Cobalt 6x9 coaxial Home Audio Setup: Speakers:2 Cerwin Vega D-3's (10" Woofer,5 1/4" mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter) 2 Cerwin Vega D-5's (12" Directed Audio Xtreme 124SX Subwoofer,5 1/4 mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)Kenwood center channel and rears. Amp: 2 Kenwood KM-105's from 1985 Receiver: JVC RX-6008V 5.1 Channel Receiver Pre-Amp: Kenwood KC-993 Sub: still looking for one thinking about getting a 18 or 15 for my sub to hit the lows if anyone has one pm me I do free box designs if anyone is interested
bcpballer64 Posted June 27, 2010 Report Posted June 27, 2010 I have a set and to me they are extremely clear and loud. "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
Deschain420 Posted June 27, 2010 Report Posted June 27, 2010 They are well worth the money...although I would suggest looking for the 600c version components though. For between 6 and 10 dollars for solid tweeters, how can you not get them? 600c search results.
newls1 Posted June 28, 2010 Report Posted June 28, 2010 I personally hate them. I have the coax 6.5's in my rear doors, and they distort with 70watts, and a perfectly adjusted x-over....... cant wait to replace them. I love my staffie So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny
AI James Posted June 28, 2010 Report Posted June 28, 2010 sound like crap to me as well, horrible tweeter balless midbass
Carlos Tj Posted June 29, 2010 Report Posted June 29, 2010 i have an older version of the type s and they sound loud and clear! these personally i have never heard or tried but i guess for the money they should be good... 2005 Dodge Magnum Kenwood DNX573S Double Din NVX Big 3 Kit NVX 0 Gauge Cable & speaker cable XS Power V3100 Battery Iraggi Alternator 320A 3.5" NVX Speakers 6.5" Incriminator Audio Components (just mids) 6x9" NVX Speaker MVPA4 Amplifier (2) 12" NVX VCW Subwoofers XPLD3K NVX Amplifier YouTube Channel @CarlosTj664
Hendrix1790 Posted July 7, 2010 Report Posted July 7, 2010 I bought a pair of the 6.5" mids at a junkyard for $10. I wasn't too impressed with the sound. Plus, they seemed a little smaller then most 6.5" mids.
Stallion Marauder Posted July 7, 2010 Report Posted July 7, 2010 I had the Type S components and coaxials and they really werent good at all.. I blew em out real quick as soon as i tried tuning them with the processor and taking off the high pass and low pass filters off the 4 channel amp they sounded real bassy, then distorted real quick. Then i moved up to the type r's and never heard one sound of distortion at all. They type s arent really meant to be pushed with a good 4 channel amp. They're just a cheap easy way of replacing your stock speakers. 2003 Mercury Marauder Black (R.I.P) Tinted Windows Purple HID's 10000K Fog Light HID's 10000K Swi Jack Steering Wheel Controls Apple I-Pod Classic 80GB Alpine KCE-422i Full Speed I-Pod Cable Alpine IVA-W203/P1 Navigation/Bluetooth Alpine PKG-M780 7' Headrest Screens Alpine PXA-H701 Sound Processor Alpine MRP-F300 4 Channel Amp Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Power Amp 2 Kicker L7 15' Solo Barics Alpine Type R SPR-17S Component's Alpine Type R SPR-57C Coaxial's Monster Performance RCA's 0/2 Gauge Wires BIG III W/Fuse 200 Amps Custom Built Alternator Yellow Cap Optima Battery Front Xstatic Batcap 800 Back Custom Mounted Bass Knob LED's 2x License & Trunk Light BoYo VTK-350 Color Backup Camera Dynamat Xtreme Front Doors & Rear Deck Clifford Matrix 50.7X Alarm System/Remote Start
nickkresh Posted July 8, 2010 Report Posted July 8, 2010 I personally believe that they are good speakers. Better then most stock speakers that come in cars, but when you talk about clarity then that is all a matter of personal opinion. You get what you pay for most of the time. If you go into a store and see a 70 dollar pair of speakers vs a 150 dollar pair, then usually that speaks for itself. I always try to aim for speakers with crossovers that come with them.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.