Ok ordered a stinger voltage meter, to get a more accurate read out of my voltage, i know i have SOME voltage drop. So my question is how much is to much (when it comes to voltage drop) i know having any at all is not good, but how much before i need to worry?

Thanks just kind of curious.

If it stays above 13.0 + it should be ok....

Thats what i thought at idle i sit at around 13.8/13.9 and the only time it really drops is on a seriously low note but stays above 13.0 and thats before the new power/ground i just put in and upcoming big 3

Thats what i thought at idle i sit at around 13.8/13.9 and the only time it really drops is on a seriously low note but stays above 13.0 and thats before the new power/ground i just put in and upcoming big 3

if it gets low on low notes then i would really worry when it come to high notes.. IIRC higher tones take more power.. at least thats how my truck is

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

if it gets low on low notes then i would really worry when it come to high notes.. IIRC higher tones take more power.. at least thats how my truck is

Mine plays highs like nothing but when a low note hits you can see the battery voltage drop just a little.

Mine plays highs like nothing but when a low note hits you can see the battery voltage drop just a little.

same here on my car, the lows made the voltage go down like crazy and lights dim, high notes nothing. I ran 1/0 to the alt and now I can bump everything even lows and my voltage stays above 14.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

same here on my car, the lows made the voltage go down like crazy and lights dim, high notes nothing. I ran 1/0 to the alt and now I can bump everything even lows and my voltage stays above 14.

nice, Im upgrading shit and planning for the future already, doing stuff that i know will work no matter what system i have.

was getting ready to post same topic, thanks

99 Toyota tacoma

- Alpine CDA 9887 head unit

- Rockford Mids & Highs

- Soundstreme TRX Mids & High amp

- Hifonics 2010D amp

- 15 Kicker L7

- 4 cube fiberglass box at 33 Hz

- optima yellow top

- big 3

- Knu wiring

- future vision 8K hids

- 36 square Ft damp pro with tweaker kit

soon to come

-1 more optima yellow top

I run 11 flat for hours, cruising up and down town. So long as you are as close to twelve as you can go I would be happy. I would worry with more of the high powered amps or expensive amps with under 12, but most of the cheaper amps are made for retards who wouldn't even check there voltage, so you can run lower. Of course you are loosing power....

1988 Honda City E

• Big 3 in 1/0
  • Venom 6x9
  • Venom 6.5 Components
  • Response 4x100 midz and highs amp
  • Fusion NV 2500.1: STOLEN
  • 2 x 12 inch fusion nv subs
  • 10 inch 5 doller subs in my doors

PM me if you want help with electrical

Just my honest opinion here, really. But if your sig is what your running I highly doubt you have any major voltage issues. I would highly recommend upgrading to atleast all 4g wiring if not 0g. I'm not trying to be a newb who knows it all but are you positive your amp isn't clipping. I thought I had a major power issue, but once I got my amp adjusted right I had ZERO power issues.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff