polk?

fmedina

then u listened to them not set correctly

mine kill the midbass and the tweets are loud and clean too, i get more midbass and sq out of my polk db's than i did my kickers

i got the older polk db 6500 white carbon fiber looking comp set in my front doors with the newer 651 coax in the rear on each side and they are loud and sound awesome

i'll make a video tommrow of mine if u want me to

i dunno how the new polks power ranges but my comps power range is wierd, they will handle 150 rms with the hpf set right but it will cut out some of the midbass, but they only need like 75 to 100rms to shine

i got a 300wrms 2ch amp running my comps and coax and they sound awesome, i got it ran at 2ohm stereo so each set is gettin around 75 or so rms each and it sounds great but i need to get my hifonics fixed so i can turn up my comps a lil bit over the coax but it works i guess the way i got it

i'll make a vid of mine tommrow and u can judge my that, take into mind that i remade my factory speaker mount piece out of 1/2'' birch plywood and covered my doors in rubber roofing tape and the midrange really shines, just halfto tune it a lil better tho, its got a bout a 125-200htz range that sticks at any givein point but its how i got mine set to tho, but still sounds good

but polk db's are awesome, but i got mine at a great price

yaa man make a video. i wana see. so u have ur 4 speakers runnin on a 2ch amp? how?

haha dam man thats wats up. any for sale??

lol, no not for sale....still trying to figure out if I need anything else. I know I can squeeze a few more in there :yahoo:

yaa man make a video. i wana see. so u have ur 4 speakers runnin on a 2ch amp? how?

I assume he is running the channels at 2 ohms each. probably the 2 component sets to one channel and the coax to the other channel. this way, combining the two 4 ohm speakers he is getting a 2 ohm load, doubling the power per channel. (maybe not double, but you know what I mean) Mine are running the same way with the hifonics amps I have. Currently running 2 speakers per channel with 2 4ch amps. around 1300+ watts rms for the sound.......

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

I assume he is running the channels at 2 ohms each. probably the 2 component sets to one channel and the coax to the other channel. this way, combining the two 4 ohm speakers he is getting a 2 ohm load, doubling the power per channel. (maybe not double, but you know what I mean) Mine are running the same way with the hifonics amps I have. Currently running 2 speakers per channel with 2 4ch amps. around 1300+ watts rms for the sound.......

waaaaaaaat?!! so u can run SPEAKERS in parallel? ah shttt i didnt kno u could do that wit speakers haha im such a noob. sweet ima try that wit my hifonics amp once i get my new polks

I'll get a video of my RFs someday... Take it from me they are a waste of money imo... but hey its your money spend it on what you want...

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

I am on Polks nuts, I love them. I have had DBs, Momos, not MM's. For the money you can't go wrong with the DBs, if you are gonna run off deck I would stick to DB's, decks don't give justice to MM's. I had Momo 4x6 in my dash and MM 6.5 coax in rear doors on JBL GTO1004 and they were amazing. Running off deck now and like I said, the rears dont get the love they deserve.

Depending on that kind of deals you get, check out Alpine type-s. 97ssblazer has 6.5 comp in front door, 6.5 coax in rear door and 6.5 coax in back panel front facing right behind rear seats. They are SCREAMIN and sound great, good midbass, all amped on a JBL GTO1004

2001 Bravada (2wd) Pewter on 24's

JVC KW-AV60BT

10 Alpine Type-S 6.5s

2 PSI/BTL 18's @ 32Hz

2 Rockford Fosgate T25001-bd's @ 1-ohm each

Rockford Fosgate T1000-4

Rockford Fosgate T400-4

Rockford 3Sixty.2

Yellow top up front, 2 9a31s in the back

LOTS of AT 1/0

Python 991

350 Amp Singer Alt

"Build Log"

My Facebook

My YouTube

i didnt see the video or read anything but...cool story

and the reason your being a cock tonight is?

I am on Polks nuts, I love them. I have had DBs, Momos, not MM's. For the money you can't go wrong with the DBs, if you are gonna run off deck I would stick to DB's, decks don't give justice to MM's. I had Momo 4x6 in my dash and MM 6.5 coax in rear doors on JBL GTO1004 and they were amazing. Running off deck now and like I said, the rears dont get the love they deserve.

Depending on that kind of deals you get, check out Alpine type-s. 97ssblazer has 6.5 comp in front door, 6.5 coax in rear door and 6.5 coax in back panel front facing right behind rear seats. They are SCREAMIN and sound great, good midbass, all amped on a JBL GTO1004

nice man. ya ima be powerin the front wit a 2ch hifonics amp i got and ima keep the rear wit the deck power for now. cant wait to get them dbs now. been gettin so much positive opinions on them haha

I have them in my truck my wife drives I love them have the components in the front doors and the coax in the back doors they sound great on the shitty ma audio two channel amp I have in there

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

I have them in my truck my wife drives I love them have the components in the front doors and the coax in the back doors they sound great on the shitty ma audio two channel amp I have in there

u also have all 4 on the 2ch amp?

yes I am its a 1000 watt 2ohm stable I highly doubt the power rating but its great for the mids and highs I had them on my fosgate punch 200 and they sounded even better but I am using that amp in my car but they sound good on that ma audio amp my wife can't tell a difference but I will never get those back from her she loves the mids and highs

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

Archived