Ok so im going to paint my valve cover on my integra and obviously il be taking it off to paint it. Is there any things i should consider when taking it off or putting it back on? I havent done it before so im just wondering.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

Spark plug wire locations, new gaskets.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

One thing you will want to get is a tube of this sealant called Hondabond. You can get it at a dealership I believe. You'll be putting a dab of this on the cam seals when you put the valve cover back on the head. B-series engines are notorious for leaking oil at the cam seals and this is one way to fix it. (you MIGHT be able to use liquid gasket or something similar but I've never seen or heard of anything other than Hondabond being used)

Too many projects, too little time...

One thing you will want to get is a tube of this sealant called Hondabond. You can get it at a dealership I believe. You'll be putting a dab of this on the cam seals when you put the valve cover back on the head. B-series engines are notorious for leaking oil at the cam seals and this is one way to fix it. (you MIGHT be able to use liquid gasket or something similar but I've never seen or heard of anything other than Hondabond being used)

Get hondabond and a new cam seal while your at it. Should only be a few bucks. Just get everything new from Honda. Spend the few extra dollars but never have to worry about a thing

Oh and yeah put tape on each plug wire and number them if it's your first time. They should be in order from shortest to longest but better safe then sorry!

hmm then this might explain the little bit of oil leaking near the valve cover.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

Make sure the bolts are torqued to the proper spec to, you can undertighten or overtighten things pretty easily and create uneven pressure points allowing oil to leak where it's not sealed as tight. You'll need a torque wrench to make sure everything is tightened properly. A Hanes manual will have this information readily available.