There was an extreme vehicle that burped a 160.9 with 16 6x9s in a wall.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

interesting, i had not heard much about 6x9s except for one guy that had some I believe tang bangs, and had 6 in the rear deck boxed in from underneath

im going to try and borrow a friends amp tomorrow as he wants me to check to see if his sub works and he does not have any wiring ran and mine is just sitting there, so maybe i can get a vid tomorrow if he stops by

well found out my amp wont come til nexct week, its being mailed out monday

i had an idea to change the boxes into 1 box after i test the t-line boxes, and i was looking at 12volt.com and apparently my idea for a new box to merge these two boxes together is actually called a three chamber dual reflex bandpass box now i dont know how that will affect the 6x9s but after i test the t-lines, im gonna test that

seems fun to do

i may even leave the internal of the box as a t-line, but then that would defeat the purpose of testing anew enclosure i think, not sure how a three chamber dual reflex bandpass t-line would sound, but sounds fun to me

Sounds interesting you're trying out these different enclosures but I would at least get a subwoofer, maybe hit up Parts Express and get a couple of 6 1/2 subs. I'm definitely interested in the outcome :good:

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Pretty cool dude I did alot of experimenting with 6.5s and 6x9s you can get some pretty good bass outta them if done correctly, but its mostly experiment then rebuild.

Bandpass is fun as a mofo with 6.5s

Current

Ford F350

Alpine IVA-W505

2x Diamond s600

1x Diamond S400

2x RF T1500-1BD

1x RF T600-4

2x AA Havoc 12"

DC Power 230XP

1/0 throughout

Up Next

95 2dr Tahoe

Head Unit= Alpine IVA-W505

Components= 2 Diamond S400, 2 Diamond S500, 2 Diamond S600

Woofers= 2 10" Diamond Hex, 2 12" Diamond D9

Amps= 3 RF T1000-4

Processor= 2 RF 3sixty.2

Subs= 4 18" AA Mayhem

Amps 4 RF T2500-1 BDCP

7 XS Power D3100

3 DC Power 270+

this will be funny when it powers up, im guessing smokey smoke in under 30 minutes

funny, you know nothing of my build , try reading it more carefully

and a FYI on my electrical i havent really talked about it so you dont know what i have, next time you bash get your damn facts straight

the only thing I can do is laugh. your a joke. you actually think people will buy memberships just to see your build, dont flatter yourself. The most sensitive guy on the forum is trying give shit to someone else, lol

OP, besides just for fun, do you plan on using these in your vehicle?

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

if they sounded good i may keep them in a box, i had them previously mounted in the rear deck in free air, with about 200rms to each, i stated 400 earlier but didnt think that the 400 was to both 6x9s not just 1, they are rated at 150rms and 100 for daily use, but i also read at many places that cadence underrates there stuff sometimes so i wasnt too worried at the 200 rms

they sounded awesome in a free-air environment, shook rear and side mirrors a lot, mainly on put on by kanye west, but depending on how it compares to them being in the box, ill either put them back in the rear deck or keep them in a box, i also have 2 15s in the trunk, once i get a new amp to run them also, so we will see

to ericR, did you mean get a sub to put in the already made 6x9 boxes or just get a sub in general and not bother with the 6x9s

regardless of how these will be used in my car, they will still be getting hooked up to the same amp, so depending on if i can get these to a 2 ohm load, since my 15s are 2 ohm load, i may run them both off that rockford fosgate amp, until i get a new one for the 15s or would that be too much load on the amp

amp does 380 by 1 at 4 ohms and 500 by 1 at 2 ohms, so its mono amp but has 2 pos and 2 neg inputs, so if i got all wired at 2 ohms, then they should split 250rms for eachs et meaning each 6x9 and each 15 would be getting 125 rms, am i right

they previously ran on a sony xplod i borrowed from a friend to test them at time of purchase and the sony only gave them 125rms, so i know they still sound good even though its a 4th of what the sub can handle

will the amp be okay with that, i know im trying to squeeze a lot out of a little, but just want best sound i can get and id like to use all i have

comming from the guy who wants to run 18v 10k @.25 ohm on 4 18s? with not much of an electrical system

the only thing I can do is laugh. your a joke. you actually think people will buy memberships just to see your build, dont flatter yourself. The most sensitive guy on the forum is trying give shit to someone else, lol

^^Bahahaa.I just had to make sure no one missed it.

lol, yea i mentioned that in his post before he took it to membership only section, i didnt see a reply on it though

oh well, my amp is being shipped out today, or im gonna have to molly whop somebody =)

Archived