Second Skin Audio

Building a wall need MAJOR help

Okay dude fuck the bull shit. I could careless whether your a master installer or not. Is it possible you can put some pics up of the interior of the car with a measuring tape that way its easier to see exactly what were explaining to you. I have only built 2 walls so I am no expert but I feel plenty comfortable with them so try posting some pics and we'll talk about ideas.

steven.jpg

well like i told the rest im thinking a double port in the top corners so how would i do that

The depth would be the same so if it require 11" in depth for X tuning frequency it would be the same for both ports. You take the cubes of the box and multiply by 12-16 depending on your application ie power, spl, daily, ect. If you have two ports then take the total port size and divide it into 2. example if your box required a total of 200 sq in then make each port 100 sq in. cool?

Edited by steven
steven.jpg

The depth would be the same so if it require 11" in depth for X tuning frequency it would be the same for both ports. You take the cubes of the box and multiply by 12-16 depending on your application ie power, spl, daily, ect. If you have two ports then take the total port size and divide it into 2. example if your box required a total of 200 sq in then make each port 100 sq in. cool?

awhh ya i got u know man that makes sences but it sounds like your tell me to build a wall with a divider in the middle to separate the subs and that sounds like a headache coming my way and ill try to post pics when i get back form the beach

awhh ya i got u know man that makes sences but it sounds like your tell me to build a wall with a divider in the middle to separate the subs and that sounds like a headache coming my way and ill try to post pics when i get back form the beach

Dude, he told you to divide the amount of the port in 2, not divide the box in 2.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

Holy shit I hate these know-it-all posters that claim they don't know it all, but refute all advice that's given to them.

:trippy:

You say you've been doing walls for three years...yet you have somebody else tune your ports...and you're not sure how to orient three subs...and you can barely keep up with the other posters... Good luck with your build mang.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

You have 3 choices bro.

1. Build it your way with noones help and see how it turns out.

2. Have someone else build it for you knowing that it will sound good.

3. Ditch the wall idea.

I would go with choice 3, just sayin.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

You have 3 choices bro.

1. Build it your way with noones help and see how it turns out.

2. Have someone else build it for you knowing that it will sound good.

3. Ditch the wall idea.

I would go with choice 3, just sayin.

well now thinking about it i can build a half wall with 2 15s or 3 12s DCs lvl 3 or 4

• 10 months later...