Major Voltage issues. FML

So I've been having voltage issues as of late. After selling my KInetik HC800, I was lent an Optima YT. Now, my voltage WAS normal, cold starting in the morning was about 14.6 then dropped to 14.1. This is NOT playing music. Now, when I cold start my car, my starting voltage is only 13.2. Even after 20 or so minutes of driving, it still sits at 13.2. Now that I don't have the YT, voltage with the car on is still at 13.2. I thought maybe my volt meter was off but my brothers' fluke DMM confirmed it's not the voltmeter and is something else. I have since resoldered all terminals, reran all power wires, checked and redid all grounds, redid my big 3, checked all fuses, went to advanced autoparts to get my battery checked (in good shape), and gotten my alternator checked (in good shape, although I think they only checked my started). In short, WTF IS WRONG WITH MY VOLTAGE!!!!!!! I can not for the life of me figure out what's wrong.

Also, according to the Advanced print out, my battery is good and holding at 12.83V

Sounds like a dead cell, but you said you got the battery checked out..so idk..

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

put it on a charger for a while and see what happens. what car is this in?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

OK, so I went out with my DMM. Battery voltage cold was 12.5. After starting the car, voltage was 14.8 at the battery. Turned on my highbeams and ac on full blast, went down to about 14.2 and stayed steady. Checked voltage at the alternator and seems to be putting out 13.6. Went to check voltage at the amp, reading is only 13.2. So basically this, I read that if an alternator isn't putting out over 14 it's bad. Is that true or could it be a bad fuse between the front battery & 0/1?

put it on a charger for a while and see what happens. what car is this in?

01 Impala

OK, so I went out with my DMM. Battery voltage cold was 12.5. After starting the car, voltage was 14.8 at the battery. Turned on my highbeams and ac on full blast, went down to about 14.2 and stayed steady. Checked voltage at the alternator and seems to be putting out 13.6. Went to check voltage at the amp, reading is only 13.2. So basically this, I read that if an alternator isn't putting out over 14 it's bad. Is that true or could it be a bad fuse between the front battery & 0/1?

01 Impala

Fuse you speak of could be shorting out...My old fuse was constantly sparking on the battery side, but would still work until it decided to cut off, but it gave me lower than normal voltage.

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

So I've been having voltage issues as of late. After selling my KInetik HC800, I was lent an Optima YT. Now, my voltage WAS normal, cold starting in the morning was about 14.6 then dropped to 14.1. This is NOT playing music. Now, when I cold start my car, my starting voltage is only 13.2. Even after 20 or so minutes of driving, it still sits at 13.2. Now that I don't have the YT, voltage with the car on is still at 13.2. I thought maybe my volt meter was off but my brothers' fluke DMM confirmed it's not the voltmeter and is something else. I have since resoldered all terminals, reran all power wires, checked and redid all grounds, redid my big 3, checked all fuses, went to advanced autoparts to get my battery checked (in good shape), and gotten my alternator checked (in good shape, although I think they only checked my started). In short, WTF IS WRONG WITH MY VOLTAGE!!!!!!! I can not for the life of me figure out what's wrong.

Also, according to the Advanced print out, my battery is good and holding at 12.83V

1... you should probly run sony x-plaud for your system. everything else is horrible and will mess your car up.

2... did you get alt checked itself... I didn't see anything about that in there...

3... open up your amp look at that thing...

4... hope you fix it.

| S-10 | 4.5^3 ft | 33Hz | SAE-1000D @ 1 Ohm | 2 SA-12s |

SPL: 143.7 Sealed | 153.4 Port Wars

ID MOST DEF PUT IT ON A CHARGER..THATS A BUMMER..THOSE MYSTERY PROBLEMS! HOW MANY BATTS YOU GOT?

Is you caps lock button stuck mane. All the post i have seen by you have been that way. Well welcome to the forum.

To the OP u agree on the fuse. Had (not the same) but a similar problem.

Archived