Sonic Electronix

Need some advice on a set up I'm working on

Alright, so I've finally got the cash to toss into my old truck to give it some kick, but I'm not 100% sure what route I want to take. The truck is a 98 chevrolet silverado ext cab. I don't want to pull out the back seat, so I fabricated an enclosure that holds 2 10" subs and gives each .95 cu ft. a piece. I'm pretty set on getting 2 10" kicker l7's and a Kicker zx 1500.1 amp.

Now for the fun questions, I'm wanting to get it as loud as possible, but still retain a nice flush look with the back. So would it be a better route to go with a single 10" L7 ported or just stick with the 2 10s sealed like I planned.

Also, after I upgrade the big 3, should the stock alternator be enough to power this or should I look at getting a more powerful one.

Any tips you can give will be greatly appreciated, here is the truck its all going in to:

truckt.jpg

This will be my first install, so I hope to do decent on it.

siggy.jpg

pull the seat! you have almost the same truck as me. same color but mine is a stepside bed and has a few things done to it....

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

pull the seat! you have almost the same truck as me. same color but mine is a stepside bed and has a few things done to it....

This. My next vehicle will either be an extended cap truck or a SUV. I'm tired of being contained to my trunk for bass.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

nice pickup !

I'm sure you will be good to go with your stock alt and the big 3. Just buy a voltmeter to check if you need electrical upgrades.

But it should be enough !

2L7 on a Kicker 1500 amp : that will pound ! That's good stuff§ good.gif

Take a look at the Sundown audio SA subs : they 're really good ! With a Sundown sax 1200 amplifier, you should rock even more !!!drinks.gif

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

This. My next vehicle will either be an extended cap truck or a SUV. I'm tired of being contained to my trunk for bass.

x2. If I have the choice of my next vehicle, I'm getting an extended cab Sierra.

If pulling the seat isn't an option, you can gain more airspace by lifting the seat higher up. I'm not intimately familiar with how much space the L7 10s want, but I'm not sure if putting them in that small of an enclosure is the best idea. And Kicker's site is acting up, so I can't check.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

The kicker 10" L7's require at least .75cu ft. min in a sealed box, and a max of 1 cu. ft. I don't remember their RMS, but I think it is roughly 600 each. So I'm hoping this will get plenty loud. I'm on a fairly limited budget, so with what I am buying right now, I'm at about $560. I work up at Best Buy, so my discount on them is... decent to say the least. The one thing I want to find is some spools or 4/8/1/0 gage wire. Some if someone can point me somewhere where I can get it cheap then I'll highly appreciate it.

I was considering lifting the seats, but don't want to bring them up too much, also if I buy the wire here local, the cheapest I've found is $160 for 200 ft of 1/0 and $110 for 4 or 8 gauge wire. So if anyone has some cheaper let me know.

siggy.jpg

do sa8s or DD1508s. I have never been impressed with the output of an l7 sealed. 4 8s behind the seat or combo behind/under the seat

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

do sa8s or DD1508s. I have never been impressed with the output of an l7 sealed. 4 8s behind the seat or combo behind/under the seat

Like I said before, on a bit of a budget, being only 17 makes income difficult, I was lucky enough to come in to about $2000, after I get my exhaust work done and the needed repairs on my truck, I'm left with about $1200, I'm also only allowed to make one order from kicker a year (since I work at best buy, we get heavily discounted prices). So I'm trying to get everything together in one purchase.

siggy.jpg

ahhh didnt realize thats why you were picking kicker. my mistake.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High