2 - FI 18" & 2 - AQ 15" TechForce Geek Truck Sub & Amp Upgrade

so if i made a noob thread saying im the loudest guy here cuz i had an smd sub on a saz4500 in a 2 cube box tuned to 15hz, and i got hated on. you would back up my ridiculous setup knowing its wrong?

No one was really hating. i started out by questioning why he had mismatched subs and both playin the same frequency ranges.

If I know the guy is wrong I won't back him up I'll post saying so or I'll just go on another thread and not worry about it.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

I do louder than that with a single 18...

just sayin...

I would just stick with the 18s, might look good if you switch out to some nightshade v2s :good:

Oh I know it is possible... I see guys pulling 150+ with a couple 12's... but it doesn't move nowhere near as much air though as this does... One thing that really sucks about this system is those US Amps amps suck ass... Sorry guys... I am confident that the cabinet is good enough until I redo the system... which will be all 18's when i can afford it... The ONLY modification I am going to do is the removal of the partition between the 2 15's since they are on the same amp... I just don't see putting much more into this until I redo it...

I do need some advice on the partition situation... According to bassbox pro... if I remove the partition on cabinet that is tuned to say 30hz... (with a vent on each cabinet..) that if I remove that partition that it won't change the tuning much???? Does that sound right????

Oh I know it is possible... I see guys pulling 150+ with a couple 12's... but it doesn't move nowhere near as much air though as this does... One thing that really sucks about this system is those US Amps amps suck ass... Sorry guys... I am confident that the cabinet is good enough until I redo the system... which will be all 18's when i can afford it... The ONLY modification I am going to do is the removal of the partition between the 2 15's since they are on the same amp... I just don't see putting much more into this until I redo it...

I do need some advice on the partition situation... According to bassbox pro... if I remove the partition on cabinet that is tuned to say 30hz... (with a vent on each cabinet..) that if I remove that partition that it won't change the tuning much???? Does that sound right????

My 18 moves alot of air :pardon:

and the tuning should stay the same on your box. same total volume and total port area both ways..

are you removing it just to have a common chamber for the 15s?

It can sound good, if his amps are all setup right and the box is 2 different boxes

Example, look at Hotdogs old setup, 2 12s and 2 15s.. and that mother fucker sounded great and was loud as hell.

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

From what I've heard the only way to have 2 different size subs is for one to be passive...

you could have them both be active too. you just need them to be crossed over at different points so they arent trying to play the same frequencies.. just not really a point to have 18s on 35 to 20hz, 15s on 50 to 35hz, and some 10s on 80 to 50 hz.

you could have them both be active too. you just need them to be crossed over at different points so they arent trying to play the same frequencies.. just not really a point to have 18s on 35 to 20hz, 15s on 50 to 35hz, and some 10s on 80 to 50 hz.

what if a song has a bunch of different bass notes at the same time :pardon:

wow how you became a mod here never mind a partner of SMD i will never know, but what i do know is you my friend act like your 14.

take the advice people are giving you and work off it dont get all defensive and revert back to being an E-Thug.

you've got alot of growing up to do pall

Ps, your shits weak

If your wanting to know how he became a Mod let alone a SMD Partner..... GO ASK STEVE..... he'll fill you in.

Acts like he's 14?? Maybe its the punks on this forum thats rubbed off on him since he's been here....... just sayin

And I dont recall him asking for advice on his build. This is the Member Builds / SHOW OFF Forum... He is showing off his work not askin for suggestions!

It can sound good, if his amps are all setup right and the box is 2 different boxes

Example, look at Hotdogs old setup, 2 12s and 2 15s.. and that mother fucker sounded great and was loud as hell.

Right now.. each sub is in its own box and the 18's are on thier own amp... I don't think the 18's would be a problem... but the 15's on the one amp in seperate boxes... when I cut the 18's off... does sound out of phase... but when I hook the 18's back up.. they don't????? I guess it is possible that the 18's are just drowning it out so I can't hear it... That is why I was going to take the one guys advice and remove the partition on the 15's... my only question is that if I do that.. that would change the box tuning... (thats what I thought)... but.. according to bassbox... it would only change the tuning from 30hz to 33hz???? That doesn't sound right to me????

Not nut hugging I'm just backing him up. Like I do to everyone that I see getting hated on.

Your retarded ..... moving on...OP it's just not good to mix different model subs ...let alone different sizes! They aren't made the same ....and they don't behave the same.....add to that different tuning and different amps .....it's just not good at all :(

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

Archived