Second Skin Audio

help with torres' calcu.

so i wanted to build a box for my 2 Re Hc 18s in my 2002 nissan xterra. got the measurements for my back cargo, but i was pretty lost when i was using torres' calculator. can someone give me a hand? what i want is have the subs up, and port facing the back. the thickness of the mdf is gonna be .75(or if someone has a better recommendation, let me know)here is the pic of the cargo with the measurements taken:

Measurements.jpg

since im using a a RE HC(which i cant find the specs of it) i have it next to a hifonics bxi 2010d that im gonna use before switching to another amp with more rms

Photo0766.jpg

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

whats your question with it? It's pretty self explanitory i think!

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

just need to get the the hang of the calculator. like the baffle, port wall, etc...i really need someone to show me how to calculate my measurements to get the measurements of the cut-out pieces of the mdf. hopefully i explained it a lil better. lol

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

any one?

need help of using the calculator. im pretty much a noob when it comes to building a box

Ok, well basically you're going to go out there with a tape measure, like you did, and get your dimensions. In torres calc, at the top you'll see the spot to put your measurements in. Put the max you want the box to be in, and then look to the right at your cubic feet. You should have a general idea of what kind of airspace your subs are going to need, so keep adjusting the box size (within your car measurements) to get your cubic feet right. Take in to account, you're going to need your port too, and that takes up quite a lot of your cubic feet in your box. Usually, I think you said a slotted port, your port height is usually 1.5 inches shorter than your box height. So if your box was 20 inches tall, your port height would be 18.5. Mess around with the width and length until you get your tuning how you want it. The boxes to the right of the calc show your reccommended port area range, so keep your port in that range. Usually I think 12-16 cubic inches per foot or so. A common slot port has 3 common walls, and sub displacement is usually .15-.21, bracing is usually about .1-.15 depending on if you use 2x4's, threaded rods, 45* corners, or glass the inside. Number of baffles is if you double your baffle, making it 1.5 inches (that would be 1 extra baffle). The top right then shows all your cutout pieces you'll need to put everything together. remember to click the little sub up option on the calc, and you shuould get yourself a good idea of what you need done. anything else i didnt cover, let me know.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Alex.....If there are no measurements given for port pieces in the cut list section, what measurement is used for port length? I just DL the calc and with all my numbers where I want them, I have my port length entered as 17". How do i find the measurement to make the pieces for the port? And it says "yes" for the port bending.

Sorry to threadjack, I just was getting confused with the calc too.

so i wanted to build a box for my 2 Re Hc 18s in my 2002 nissan xterra. got the measurements for my back cargo, but i was pretty lost when i was using torres' calculator. can someone give me a hand? what i want is have the subs up, and port facing the back. the thickness of the mdf is gonna be .75(or if someone has a better recommendation, let me know)here is the pic of the cargo with the measurements taken:

Measurements.jpg

since im using a a RE HC(which i cant find the specs of it) i have it next to a hifonics bxi 2010d that im gonna use before switching to another amp with more rms

Photo0766.jpg

I can help you when I get home from work. If you could get the T/S on those subs and the displacement I can go through it with you.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

I can help you when I get home from work. If you could get the T/S on those subs and the displacement I can go through it with you.

thanks, hopefully this is the accurate information

Company: RE Audio (Resonant Engineering)

Model: HC18

Available = No

Last update: 10-Sep-2003

Type: Standard one-way driver

Shape: Round

Piston Type: Cone

Piston: Kraft pulp cone with carbon fiber matrix.

Suspension: Rubatek foam surround. Progressive spider.

Frame: Cast aluminum basket.

Voice Coil: 4-layer copper voice coil.

Terminals: Tork-Tite terminals.

Magnet: Triple stack magnet.

Fs = 27.3 Hz

Qms = 6.8

Vas = 7.631 cu.ft

Xmax = 0.827 in

Xmax (parallel) = 0.827 in

Xmax (series) = 0.827 in

Sd = 187.6 sq.in

Qes = 0.96

Qes (parallel) = 0.48

Qes (series) = 0.48

Re = 2.2 ohms

Re (parallel) = 1.1 ohms

Re (series) = 4.4 ohms

Z = 4 ohms

Z (parallel) = 2 ohms

Z (series) = 8 ohms

BL = 2.54 lb/A

BL (parallel) = 2.54 lb/A

BL (series) = 5.08 lb/A

Pe = 600 watts

Pe (parallel) = 1200 watts

Pe (series) = 1200 watts

Qts = 0.84

Qts (parallel) = 0.45

Qts (series) = 0.45

1-W SPL = 88.5 dB

1-W SPL (parallel) = 91.5

straight from bass box pro.

bump anyone wants to do a walk through with me?