Air Ride Questions

Guest MegaloManiac

I dont know whether they are called bagged, air ride, and/or hydrolics....they all sound the same to me. im not lookin for any hoppin around kind ride, just straight ,up and down.

1. Are they expensive?

2. Is there a ride comfort difference? ....eg: Less bumpy with lowpro tires

3. Recomended tank size,and psi?

4. Compressor?

5. Do you need to reenforce anything?

6. Power?

post pics if you got em'

my ride is 2000 accord lx 4cyl 2.3L with an iraggi 200a and a yellow top

1. Depends on your definition of "expensive". You can get kits starting at 800-1100 range.

2.You have an accord, i would assume you want bags/air cylinders. You will notice a difference from a stock suspension, yes.

3.Tanks size, nothing less then a 5gal. It just depends on how much reserve air you want. The more gallons you have, the more you can play before having to fill. PSI you run depends on how fast you want to move. 175-200 is about the norm. Just get an adjustable pressure switch, and you can change the psi on the fly. (make sure your hardware can handle whatever psi you run).

4.again, it's up to you. more/bigger compressor means less recovery time. You can run gas also, and not have to worry about a compressor (except a small backup maybe)

5. For what you want out of it, no reinforcement will be needed.

6. power, it's 12v bro, run it from your car battery.

You have a honda, they make a TON of bolt on kits and parts for your car, installation is going to be very straightforward and fairly simple. Bet you could do it in your driveway in a weekend if your handy ;)

ResizeWizard1-1-vi.jpg

• 2 years later...
holy thread resurrection!

LOL X2 paintmans my buddie from around here and he dont know how to navigate around here yet lol

holy thread bump batman.

Just surf around the web and search. general suggestions are to stay away from airbagit.com etc.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=39642 if you want a thread suggesting where to buy stuff.