Second Skin Audio

L7s or a CVX?

I never liked my L7..sounded too floppy. IF you must have kicker, go with solo-x 12 http://www.audiosavings.com/products/12-Inch-Car-Subwoofer/NEW-KICKER-SOLO-X-12-S12X2-SUBWOOFER-S12X-2-OHM-07S12X/07S12X2.aspx

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

I've never seen Kickers in the right box blast 180s or sit in the top three at any IASCA SQ event, but all knit-picking aside, just because you can't get a hold of it in your area, doesn't mean you can't use it.

Ditch the Kickers.Move on to bigger and better things.Honestly, I'm not trying to hate on your setup.But there are many forum members on here that are Ascendant dealers, DC dealers, you can call DD, etc.ALL of these companies will drop ship to your address.All of these companies are far superior to Kicker.

whoa dude calm down kicker has done big things in comps. The usaci last year or year before world finalist did I think a 160 in the stock 0-600 class.

steven.jpg

I'd say go with the two L7 10''s over a single 15 CVX. If that's my only option that's what I would choose. But if I had other option I would dump the Kickers and choose a better brand.

99 Ford Explorer Sport

Alpine 9886

Infinity 7541a

JL 12w3

Viper 771xv

so you dont care about sq? just spl..? l7..

did you not read the post?? I want to be LOUD. so who needs sq? I dnt think sq matters when you're metering on a termlab.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

did you not read the post?? I want to be LOUD. so who needs sq? I dnt think sq matters when you're metering on a termlab.

Then go with an l7 or solo x the l7s and solo x's get loud in BIG boxes

steven.jpg

id say go 2 12" l7s on that 1500. they would love that all day. 1500 is pushing it for just one 15" l7 imo. its just gonna cut back lifespan. but pound til its done haha

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

I always thought of the CVX line as round L7's basically. So roughly speaking they are kinda equal imo. And for the the price your gonna pay, why not maybe spend a lil more $ and get say some DC 12's or a couple Sundown SA-12's. Sounds like a good plan to me :P

Or if your box is in good shape, just get a decent 15 and swap er out :P like AQ HD3C it should be able to take 1500w iirc-- or like a 15" BL, BTL or a LVL4 XL something like that. and then you can keep your box and just swap out and slam like 15 min after it gets to your door :P = better plan

Edited by P4killer_

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

I always thought of the CVX line as round L7's basically. So roughly speaking they are kinda equal imo. And for the the price your gonna pay, why not maybe spend a lil more $ and get say some DC 12's or a couple Sundown SA-12's. Sounds like a good plan to me :P

Or if your box is in good shape, just get a decent 15 and swap er out :P like AQ HD3C it should be able to take 1500w iirc-- or like a 15" BL, BTL or a LVL4 XL something like that. and then you can keep your box and just swap out and slam like 15 min after it gets to your door :P = better plan

Damn i was thinking the same thing. I have been looking at getting the HD3C.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg