buying a camera (bought a camera)

out of the blue i decided i wanted a new camera and so my question is how does one buy a camera (waits for trolls & hopefully a serious answer)

im looking to buy local (future shop, best buy, visions) and am looking to spend under 150$

camera will be used for concerts and road trips

all helpful info is welcomed and appreciated

Edited by uhoh_45

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

I am a troll but I am also armed with a serious answer. I think this is the 4th time I'm posting this on here but it doesn't change.

newegg.com

Go there and find a deal on a package. You can get the best price plus they throw in little things like cases and other packages of stuff you might need. Afterall, it isn't just the camera you need.. you need memory for it and all the other goodies.

If you want to try something out just go to Best Buy and fiddle with it there but DON'T buy a camera RETAIL unless it's like something super high end and you can get a good price.

images-1.jpg

Here is a nice on. Canon is probably the best for what you are using it for. Those cameras are amazing. Anyhow, if you look closely at this sale:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830120395

You see at the bottom left is bundles and it says in green "Free with purchase!" 8 gig card and case so make sure and click that and buy that deal because its $149.99 + free + $3 shipping so you're at $152.98 if you can handle that :D

images-1.jpg

i agree on canons being good, some of the sony point and shoots are pretty nice as well.

what i look for in a camera is the lens it uses, shutter speeds, reviews that have test images shot with the camera, video recording fps and if it can zoom while filming as a video camera.

in your case id look for the best optical zoom you can find as well

slugdug i appreciate that but living in canada i'd have to pay bunch of bull shit fees so it wouldn't really bring me that much ahead

so like i said i'd rather buy local

and thanks james your info was helpful

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

i was looking at this sony cyber-shot

but i donno some people say its slow and grainy where others say other wise, does anyone have any personal experience with this line of cameras?

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

current build

slugdug i appreciate that but living in canada i'd have to pay bunch of bull shit fees so it wouldn't really bring me that much ahead

so like i said i'd rather buy local

and thanks james your info was helpful

Ahem:

http://www.newegg.ca/

Canadian version of the site. No bullshit fees at all. I buy stuff from Canada all the time and it shows up from UPS in a few days. Not a big deal.

images-1.jpg

I wouldn't suggest buying a point and shoot, but for your price range that's what you have to get.

You going to lug your $2000 SLR around at a rock concert all day in the hot sun with thousands of drunk people staggering around.

Even the pros have a point and shoot backup on them at all times. Don't hate.

Edited by slugdub
images-1.jpg