Sonic Electronix

howdy mates im over in aussie ready to get some daily big bass for my car over here hard find any 18's let alone any opinions..all they seem offer is soundstreams xxx18 but that gonna send me broke as fuck

iv narrowed it down to the 3

fi btl 18" (obvy full loaded)

acendt audio smd 18"

dc level 5 18"

out of the 3 what would you pick to run about 3000wrms daily?

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

Eh...depending on your experience you could save some money and run a LVL4XL on that power. None of those subs really come alive on only 3k.

If you're insistent on a choice, go with the LVL5 or BTL. The SMD will sound sick as well, but it seems like a waste of money to only put 3k on it unless you plan on upgrading amps in the future.

Hard to say, but my personal choice would be LVL5 having dealt with Fi/AA and DC subs. They are all great choices though. Good luck mang.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

lol over here the xxx is atleast 4grand then you gotta buy amps to run it..

where a guy said he can get the smd for 1 grand.. or the mayhems a little less..

i would probly run a soundstream 3400d amp to run them? only so less power for daily because well..there no way to get a easy recone kit liveing so far away would take forever and prices atleast double

experience..iv got very little when installing but i no people who i trust

bump thread with info about girls and 33hz (can make them wet?)

asked my gf and my mates gf...its true now i get alot of fun after a quick drive..hope iv helped out some brothers

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

Id get any subs really there all good subs.Just go with the ones that you can get the cheapest for and go from there

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

that smd wont even move that much on that amp lawl go with btl or lvl 5

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

that smd wont even move that much on that amp lawl go with btl or lvl 5

You can any of those subs moving on 3k in the right box, buy a van and build a t-line 3k will then do justice.

steven.jpg

You can any of those subs moving on 3k in the right box, buy a van and build a t-line 3k will then do justice.

Doubt you've built a t-line to make that kind of statement. And while the fact remains true that larger=more efficient, there's a point where the box will no longer support cone movement, and for only one 18, that's not very much. The ratio wouldn't play out.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/