nice build bro, like he said that would suck to be runnin over 16,000 watts on one alt and fry an amp so be careful, what about your front stage, do you already have that stuff or what are your plans for that

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Box is looking really good now. im worried about the electrical though. i wouldnt play those amps at all without a few alts in there.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Slinky, thanks for the concern, but trust me, I've got two I've been playing with in this vehicle for a while only putting out about 12v ac per sub on -0 test tones because of how low I have them set, still keeping the voltage over 14v, so I'm sure I'll be happy to set these very very conservatively for a while. Its still really loud before the subs even start moving with 2, 4 should be even louder on very low power, enough for me to listen to on a daily basis till I can beef things up.

I plan on getting the alternators (atleast two anyway) by next month hopefully, I'm paying to have a new heating/cooling system put in the house- and thats expensive, so when I'm finished with that the vehicle is next on the list. If I mess things up the amps are under warranty, but I'll be careful.

Thanks for the advice, and thanks for the positive feedback guys.

I just had my friend help me load the box in the car- very very tight fit. It comes right up to the top of the rear seats (below the headrest), but with the 3rd piece it will be just above it, though rounded off enough so as not to look gawdy(I hope). I carpeted the front and rear of it (what will be visible around the amps) and I still need to carpet the faceplate. It's too late for pics, but I'll have them tomarrow. Hope to have the equipment in tomarrow but I promised the wife we'd do some yard work. >:\

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Archived