Mitsubishi Eclipse to buy or not to buy? Now with pics!

Im looking for a sporty car and came across this today. He's asking 5000.00 obo and i offered 4,700.00 and he agree'd he would take it. Let me describe the car itself. It has 165,000 on the odometer but he claims it recently had a engine rebuild/swap from the same model car but an 2003 this one is a 2000 im looking at. The interior has seen its better days but i think i can fix it up nice with new bucket seats and carpet/headliner. I didnt look at the rims to close but it looks like 20" Lorenzo wheels on low pro's. It has a aim cold air intake and thats the only mod so he says. The guy that owns it looks to be in the high 20's which scares me! What would you guys do laugh and walk away or buy it? Exterior looks perfect its white, interior not so much but id like to make it my own with some suede and new carpet/seats like mentioned above.

Trying to upload pics but photobuckets being gayy as usual.

Edited by Bumpindemlowzz

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

I seriously doubt those are 20's on an eclipse. Maybe 18's. Post some pics.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Probibly 18s... pics for sure man

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

yeah def some pics would help, mileage is high for the price but if he "says" its less then...

personally i stay away from cars with mods or anything aftermarket, 20s? if they are in decent u can sell to fix up the interior, if hes in his late 20s id actually look at it as a good thing is not just some kidd in highs school putting any random shit he cant find, but i could be wrong.

i wanna see some pics to decide to buy or not to buy :pardon: but sounds decent so far

Wheels he says were new beginning of summer i would keep them. I wont be driving it too much the first month or two because im going to buy seats, headliner material, carpet and so on.

Beatbox-i can text them pics to ya sense photobuckets not working for me on two computers haha. pm me phone number

Edited by Bumpindemlowzz

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

Use tinypic.com to upload pics. Its easier imo

Alpine CDA 9886 HU

Alpine ERE-G180 Crossover

4 12' kicker Solobaric L7s

KS 3.5 tweets up front

Kicker KS 6.5s by the back seat

KS 6x9s in the rear

Sealed Box

Hifonics Brutus 2600(for now)

Hifonics Zeus 740

Optima Red Top

2 Optima Yellow Tops

When I went looking for a car, thats what I wanted was a Mitsubishi Eclipse. I was looking for a 3rd gen, as the 2nd are mad ugly. We were talking to the guy at the dealership who had one for sale at his other location for cheap, around 4,700 I think.

He said stay away from them, they always have something going wrong with them and with a car that sexy, but that cheap I had to believe him. I see quite a bit of them around my house, probably atleast half that I see around are rice. Fart cannons are always on those things.

Edited by TommyK

2003 rsx:Alpine CDE-102Fosgate P300-1Fosgate P1 6.5"s15" Re SRX

2000+ eclipse can fit 20s.... its the 99 and lower that have issues with them, they changed the model from 99 to 2000

that price is steep for a 2000 eclipse, if i was going to pay that much i would just get a 98 GSX, awd and turbo...

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

he says this motor has 1,000 miles... haha hard to believe but ok, guy bought it and made it into a project car but after the swap he couldnt afford it and needed a truck so

Beatbox is loading the pics hopefully

Edited by Bumpindemlowzz

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts