Second Skin Audio

Slot port question

Slawsen

Ok, I think I got it right this time. The sheets for the type r recommend 15 square inches of port per cu ft..

This will be with the subs on one side and the port on one of the ends

calc2.png

Hope I did good :)?

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

Yes. Keep in mind that you measure port length down the middle of the port though.

So how do I figure out how long the port boards need to be? cuz it says 19.15" of physical port length.. so the board that connects to the front baffle would be like 12.25 inches + .75 inch from the front baffle + the L board will be 6.15"??

00' Nissan Xterra

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

I was under the impression that physical port length is measured down the side the way you stated (front port wall length + front baffle thickness + back port length). I thought measuring down the middle + end correction (or whatever it's called) gives you the effective length.

As far as your box, 2.8 cubes seems small for two 12s. Although I'm no expert, from what I've seen most twelves seems to be in the 1.75-2.5 cubes range. I could be wrong here, but it's worth checking out.

Also, don't use 3.1 inches for your port width. Just use 3.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

I was under the impression that physical port length is measured down the side the way you stated (front port wall length + front baffle thickness + back port length). I thought measuring down the middle + end correction (or whatever it's called) gives you the effective length.

I set the port length to 23 inches, which is if you measured inbetween the port and box, but the calculator goes ahead and calculates the physical length..so I did do it right?

00' Nissan Xterra

Check out this thread.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83062-does-this-look-alright-to-you/

The guys port length he entered was 34. Physical port length was 29. His port walls are 14 and 14.25 (14+14.25+.75=29) and torres tells him that it's right.

So, it seems you're right about the physical port length.

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown SAX-1200D

Stock Bose system

Profile AP1000M

Check out this thread.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83062-does-this-look-alright-to-you/

The guys port length he entered was 34. Physical port length was 29. His port walls are 14 and 14.25 (14+14.25+.75=29) and torres tells him that it's right.

So, it seems you're right about the physical port length.

Ok sweet...thanks guys. I think i'm gonna go try to assemble it in googlesketchup LOL. I'll post it if I can figure out how to do it :P

Edit: Gonna be building this box with my friend I think on Friday. Going in his bmw, we gonna do a build log prolly so I can get some feedback and tips

00' Nissan Xterra

Like I said I'm no expert, I've just been trying to learn it because I'm about to build a box for my z15. Just used the calculator the other night for mine.

I tried sketchup but was getting irritated so I just drew it out by hand and did the cutsheet by hand.

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown SAX-1200D

Stock Bose system

Profile AP1000M

not to thread jack, ive heard about the end correction factor how would one "factor" this length onto the port length?

Yo despues que las asomo... papa tu sabes como es que somos esto es flores pa los muertos y pa' mis enemigos plomo la 9 nunca se turba cuando bajan por la curva no es que yo no salga es que ustedes no entran pa la urba de humacao - Cosculluela.

Archived