Sundown Audio

Rockford Fosgate Amps

Jeremy1998

I am still undecided on which one to go with (T1000-1bdCP or T1500-1bdCP). That is not the subject of this post. The subject for this is some questions about the amps in general. I have alot of questions because this is for my first install, and on top of that, it's not mine; it's my brother's.

That said, I have four questions.

1.) If they are mono amps, why do they have A and B speaker terminals.

2.) Can these amps take more than 12 volts (13.8 Volts if I remember correctly.)? As in the "14 Volt" and "16 Volt" batteries that XS Power sells.

3.) Can these amps power less than thier rated RMS power? EX: T1500-1bdCP puttign out 1250 Watts RMS.

4.) Can I feel safe buying from sonicelectronics.com? Do they honor thier warranty well? Are thier products ledgit?

wow, umm rockfords great and i believe sonicelectronics is a certified dealer so you should be fine there. Yes you can use a multi meter to set how much wattage you want, voltage wise your fine with their 12v batts.

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

Rockford Fosgate amps are the best out there IMO.

I have ran both the p1000 and the t1500 and now I am about to run the 2500.

I have not had ONE problem with any of my amps, they can take low voltage and they get rated at 12.8

If you have good electrical than they thrive.

You will be happy with whatever amp you get from RF.

And Sonicelectronix is good, bought both of amps from them, good service and no problems.

4 18's, low power and lots of gay fur.

Team gg

Team DOA

My Videos :)

I am still undecided on which one to go with (T1000-1bdCP or T1500-1bdCP). That is not the subject of this post. The subject for this is some questions about the amps in general. I have alot of questions because this is for my first install, and on top of that, it's not mine; it's my brother's.

That said, I have four questions.

1.) If they are mono amps, why do they have A and B speaker terminals.

2.) Can these amps take more than 12 volts (13.8 Volts if I remember correctly.)? As in the "14 Volt" and "16 Volt" batteries that XS Power sells.

3.) Can these amps power less than thier rated RMS power? EX: T1500-1bdCP puttign out 1250 Watts RMS.

4.) Can I feel safe buying from sonicelectronics.com? Do they honor thier warranty well? Are thier products ledgit?

1. the terminals are internally connected, they simply give you more physical connections.

2. not sure about the 16v, but the 14 volt would be fine.

3. use a DMM to set the output to 1250 watts

4. i don't think sonicelectronics is an authorized dealer and i have never used them, but i have read and heard good things about them.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Rockford Fosgate amps are the best out there IMO.

I have ran both the p1000 and the t1500 and now I am about to run the 2500.

I have not had ONE problem with any of my amps, they can take low voltage and they get rated at 12.8.

If you have good electrical than they thrive.

You will be happy with whatever amp you get from RF.

And Sonicelectronix is good, bought both of amps from them, good service and no problems.

They are rated at 14.4... and to OP this should give you an idea of what the power 1000cp is capable of :)

IMG_0118.jpg

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

How so? In series, parallel?

Parallel.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Archived