FI BL 18 confusion

og407

yeah and i gave them my max dimensins but no one has told me anything..??i got a voicemail but im not really sure i want to ship a box that would be xpensive..so i was just hoping to get some dimensions on a blue print and than i build it?

Never wire a dvc sub on two amps? Huh... You can easily wire a woofer with two amp or 4 or 8 or however many you want as long as they are strapabled or have master/slave ability.

Gain match or strap the amps... It's not that difficult... For a beginner yes.... for an experienced user no....

As in 1 coil on 1 amp and the other coil on the other amp...You think I don't know that you can strap amps?

ok so today i took my box out and flipped it now it sits port and sub facing inwards the car..i get more front windshield flex,i actually feel a whole lot more air in the car BUT i still dont feel that hit that i know these subs can do.. should i get another hifonics of the same on and run one at each coil?

Was referring to this, in specific

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

That port looks way too small. I think you will be better off with a new box. Enclosure size and port dimensions can have a HUGE affect on the performance of your sub. The only thing I'm wondering is if you will be able to fit the required size box for that sub in your trunk. I had to remove some plastic trim panels to get the box for my Fi Q15 in the trunk of my Taurus. Let us know what you think after you get the right enclosure built.

Let me just say that I have a 15" BL and 3.5 cu. ft. sq. box tuned to 33 Hz and this thing slams. I get my flex on. I have an 06 altima. Which is the same trunk area/space. Sub and port facing the rear. You can hear me coming. I tried the sub facing forward and I didnt feel it as much as it is now. Looks like your choking your your air movement with that big box, and little port.

I forgot to say I keep one of my seats folded down to let the sound come through! Check my vids, though cameras do no justice.

2012 GMC SIerra CC

System Build

Headunit--Stock

Sub Amp--DC 2.0k

Subs--2-SA8v2's

Enclosure--Need one made!!

Highs Amp--Sundown SAX-100.4

Front Highs--Rockford Fosgate T2652-S

Rear--Sundown Neo Pro 6.5

XS Power D2400--XS D3400

No Big Three yet!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/raolito1980

thanks j-lane i think im just going to have to go over to audiotistics and let them hear it and go from there hopefully they can just give me a blue print and i build it and for sure i will post up some vidos for sure hopefuly i will be happier... i just cant stand the crap talk from that stupid l7 15. they all say fi sucks and fi is just crap... but sry fi for putting a bad name for you guys but hopeully with the new box ill get some better reactions.. IS IT possible to tune my box low so i can get a little bit of a hairtrick in there ?? how low will i have to tune for a hairtrick?

raolito1980 i checked out your videos.. sounds good man but its hard to tell camreas dont do justice.. but i get flex like you..my rear view mirror fell off the other day and i reglued it and now it fell off but it took a piece of my ACTUALL glass with it ...so i know my sub sounds good but obvious is obvious and its time for a new box...

did any one who is posting completely miss, the box he has was designed for the L7... even the greatest sub in the world in a fucked up box cant sound all that good...

make a better box, suited for your 18, and call it a day... dont copy a kicker box designed for the L7 and expect a 18 to sound good in it...

come on everyone, take your retard helmets off and actually read the first post

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Make sure you show them what Fi recommends so they make the port area large enough. Take your time building the enclosure too. Your system can only sound as good as its weakest link. I don't know if you can achieve a hair trick or not but I have mine tuned to 28 Hz (I like the lows :good: ) and on the right songs my whole dash and steering wheel flex. Also try to see if you can have someone set your gains with an o-scope if you don't have one.

Here is what Fi has posted on their web site:

BL 18 – Ported box we recommend using 5-10 cubic feet @ 30-37Hz tuning, you can tune a little higher if you wish but we recommend keeping it close to 33hz for a daily driver. Again the same 12-16 square inches of volume applies per cubic foot of volume.

Archived