FI BL 18 confusion

og407

raolito1980 i checked out your videos.. sounds good man but its hard to tell camreas dont do justice.. but i get flex like you..my rear view mirror fell off the other day and i reglued it and now it fell off but it took a piece of my ACTUALL glass with it ...so i know my sub sounds good but obvious is obvious and its time for a new box...

I tell you what, my mirror fell off a long time ago. I took it to the dealer to get it fixed twice and I did it twice. It took a chunk of glass two times too. I just recently modified mine. I took a mirror out of a 97 accord and did some cuttting on headliner, and now my new mirror is screwed to my roof of he car. Yep the box. Mine gets loud, and I hope you figure your box out. I laugh cause all they use over here is kicker and when they hear mine they are like 'what you got, some 15's? Im like 'I got one 15' and it aint Kicker.

2012 GMC SIerra CC

System Build

Headunit--Stock

Sub Amp--DC 2.0k

Subs--2-SA8v2's

Enclosure--Need one made!!

Highs Amp--Sundown SAX-100.4

Front Highs--Rockford Fosgate T2652-S

Rear--Sundown Neo Pro 6.5

XS Power D2400--XS D3400

No Big Three yet!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/raolito1980

yeah man i cant stand how he has A HUGE MOUTH about kicker... as soon as i said i was getting a fi they said WTF is that and basiclly laughed..now there really laughing..idk i just thought this box would be fine but NOPE.. ill get it to sound how its suppose to real soon.

and idk i meantioned about a hairtrick because ive seen what little sundown 8 can do and WOW hairtricks all day so idk i was just wondering.. but thanks for all the info much appreciated and il update with pix and vids once its ll done.

yeah man i cant stand how he has A HUGE MOUTH about kicker... as soon as i said i was getting a fi they said WTF is that and basiclly laughed..now there really laughing..idk i just thought this box would be fine but NOPE.. ill get it to sound how its suppose to real soon.

and idk i meantioned about a hairtrick because ive seen what little sundown 8 can do and WOW hairtricks all day so idk i was just wondering.. but thanks for all the info much appreciated and il update with pix and vids once its ll done.

dont go switching subs, or anything like that, actually build a better box suited for your BL 18... and dont copy the L7 15 box this time... you will be alot more happier

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

you can't just say I want a hair trick and someone says you need blah blah blah, too many variables. Get a new (proper) box and you might be able too but who knows. And everyone on here will tell you not to get a yellow top for car audio.

Wow some of the miss information getting thrown around is such a joke...

7-1000wrms off stock electrical can easily be done...for instance...

how about 3.5kwrms of a stock 105amp alt, with 3 batteries (2 small 1 big).... didn't drop below 12.6v.... or 1400wrms off an hc800 and a stock 90amp alt didn't drop below 13.6v or 1500wrms off a stock 105amp alt with an hc1400... didn't drop below 14v or 800wrms of a single spv35 with a 60amp alt... didn't drop below 14v...

No.

A car's stock charging system is designed to run EVERYTHING in the car off of the alternator..and not much more.

You have reserve capacity in your battery (that is there for RESERVE, not USE)..but once the car is running the battery is not being used..that's why you "think" you can run that much power off of a stock electrical system...but in all honesty you are going to eventually kill the stock battery, lead acid batteries do NOT like being drawn down like that. A battery is simply there for reserve, if an alternator can produce 1500 watts, that's it...and you are drawing 2000 watts...that means that you are loosing 500 watts out of your battery and it will eventually just die..because you are not recharging it. You are discharging it faster then what the alternator can recharge it...

It's give and take man...there's no such thing as free lunch.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

adding extra batts only put a bandaid on your electrical, with out the proper amperage from the alt, all you are doing is draining the batts and they dont have enough time to recharge, and discharging and recharging the batts like that is a bad thing to do.. you need a alt that can handle the power you are drawing

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

You can try it...

I'd just get a 15 personally. A bigger sub doesn't always mean better..or louder. You don't buy piston rings for a detroit diesel truck and then decide to slap them in your Altima :)

You are never going to have the proper airspace for it, and it is never going to be up to par...and your crap talking friends with the L7 are just going to keep talking crap...

I'd order a recone and a basket and get the sub changed to a 15, or sell it and order a new 15...regardless, i wouldn't waste my time trying to get a size 13 foot to fit in a size 6 shoe...it's not going to work.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

ok after checking out other peoples ideas.. i came to the conclusion that i would love to bild a aeroport firing in through my rear deck..now ive been doing some research but any tips/ideas/yes or no on this idea?

Try it man but like the other people are saying bigger is not always better.

facepalm.gif

Just trade the sub man you have wL<3bass wanting to trade you.

Some people could care less about who the genius is that is making the product... They just want to get it cheap and say "derrrr, look at teh pretty lights in muh dash!"

Because audio is a lifestyle not a hobby.

Things that I am allergic too....

1. Haters
  2. Bitch Notes

Archived