Sonic Electronix

Bad to have 1 12" and 2 10"s, with the 10"s being a different brand than the 12"?

If I were to get two cheaper Kicker 10"'s to go with my Alpine 12", would that not be smart? I would need another amp, but as a whole, is it a bad idea from a quality standpoint?

Technically you can... for example... if you want the 2 10's to play a different frequency than the 12... they would need to be in a separate chamber than the 12's and the 2 couldn't play the same fequencies or they will cancel each other out... Alot of people do it with mid bass subs in the doors... just playing diff frequencies... BUT, it would be a NO NO to put them in the same chamber and/or try to play the same frequencies...

Edited by techforce

Technically you can... for example... if you want the 2 10's to play a different frequency than the 12... they would need to be in a separate chamber than the 12's and the 2 couldn't play the same fequencies or they will cancel each other out... Alot of people do it with mid bass subs in the doors... just playing diff frequencies... BUT, it would be a NO NO to put them in the same chamber and/or try to play the same frequencies...

yessir. I should have included how people use the smaller woofers for midbass. Tried to make it simple lol

Steve's tahoe and civic are good examples, iirc.

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

It can be done.. I have done it with my current build and mine are in separate chambers but tuned exactly the same at 36hz. The best way to find out is to try it.

I have no cancellation.. metered on the tl 148.1 with the setup in my sig.. below window line.

Edited by Hotdog

yessir. I should have included how people use the smaller woofers for midbass. Tried to make it simple lol

Yeah.. I agree.. it is not common... but... I did it in one of my trucks with 2 18's and 2 15's and it turned out ok... Like everyone said... expirement...

Edited by techforce

You have a point, thanks for the information.

If I wanted "midbass", would I just take out the front speakers (they're 4x6) and put the 8"'s in my door? Where would be best if I wanted to do something like that? Would I keep the 4x6's and do something else with the 8"'s?

That would require cutting up your door, or making fiberglass panels. You could do that or order qlogic kick panels for your car that just snap in place.

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur