Sonic Electronix

So the day has finally come, the day that we all dream of. The day the wife tells me she needs speakers and it needs to be loud. Lol. Now mind you I have had many setups over the years and it has always been "turn it down." So after I pick my jaw up from the floor I ask what exactly is she wanting. She says, "I want it to be louder then my sisters." I asked how much she wanted to spend. More then $1000 and less then $4000. There has to be room for groceries and all the other shit she carries. Replace all factory speakers. Right, so no problem there as her sister has junk from like wal-mart or whatever.

She has a '02 Tahoe without the thirdrow seats. I'm thinking two 15" 3kw. Should get loud enough.

Now I'm trying to shop prices and brands, but being home only 4 or 5 days a month it makes it hard. If you guys could help me out that would be great. That budget is for everything, alt, amp, subs, componets, and so forth.

So help me out guys.

I'm a long time lurker, but just never saw the need to jump in and post. So take it easy on the noob.

Kenwood KDC-X794

2 DC XL 15"

SAZ-3000D

Crescendo 6.5's

SAX-100.4

Knu wire and RCA's

XS Power Alt

D3400 and a D1200

th_XSPowerD3100andAlt728x90.jpg

2 18" DC level 4

Crescendo 3kwp

Crescendo 1000C4

2 sets of Crescendo CCX65 Components

Stock alt should be fine

D3100 under the hood, D3100 in the back

50' or so of 1/0

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

2 18" DC level 4

Crescendo 3kwp

Crescendo 1000C4

Stock alt should be fine

50' or so of 1/0

Looks good....minus the DC shit. ;):D

<u>99 Jimmy SLT 4WD</u>

Systemless.

<u>99 Grand Prix GTP</u>

DC XL 12 on 1.5k tuned lowwwwww.

Looks good....minus the DC shit. ;):D

You wanna get slapped lol. I just got my XL 12's and almost done with the box :peepwall:

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

2 18" DC level 4

Crescendo 3kwp

Crescendo 1000C4

Stock alt should be fine

50' or so of 1/0

X2, Maybe get the XLs instead of the LvL 4, this way they will be seeing more of there rated power for anything your wife listens to, so if she has a song that's clipped to fuck, your not over powering the subs too much

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

X2, Maybe get the XLs instead of the LvL 4, this way they will be seeing more of there rated power for anything your wife listens to, so if she has a song that's clipped to fuck, your not over powering the subs too much

Or you could set your gains right and not have to worry about clippage much

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Archived