Sonic Electronix

Light dimming doesn't mean much...i don't have much voltage drop on all stock electrical and lights dim slightly.

idk what kinda vehicle you have, but when my lights were dimming i was having bad voltage drop (My Old 2000 Blazer) and that in turn made my electrical all screwed up started causing my spark plugs to misfire and my truck to run like complete shit.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

idk what kinda vehicle you have, but when my lights were dimming i was having bad voltage drop (My Old 2000 Blazer) and that in turn made my electrical all screwed up started causing my spark plugs to misfire and my truck to run like complete shit.

Light dim with voltage staying around 13+. Sometimes full tilt it goes to 12.6v at idle...(stinger volt meter btw)

Edited by Slawsen

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

I have a steady 12.8 (13.4 at idle with everything off) at full tilt and my lights will dim on kicks.

Stock electrical BTW. No big 3, no bigger/different battery (my next upgrade).

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

I have a steady 12.8 (13.4 at idle with everything off) at full tilt and my lights will dim on kicks.

Stock electrical BTW. No big 3, no bigger/different battery (my next upgrade).

What are you running? I have a stinger voltage meter but I need to meter my batt/amp first before I can set the meter correctly. I set it at 13.0 today just to see what would happen and it dropped into 11.x at one point. So hopefully it idles higher. I can take it to autozone and theyll do it for me right? What do I ask them to meter? My battery?

Edit: just saw your sig, your running at a way stronger amp than Ill be though so Im not sure how bad mine would drop.

Edited by ant the ninja

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Front Stage: Crescendo CCX 6.5's

Rear Stage: ???

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB

youl be fine, had the same amp, all stock, all stock wires... started at 14.0 and only dipped down to 13.xx on full tilt :)

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

mine use to drop into the 9s before i got anything upgraded lol

Isnt that horrible for the amp?

Get a quality DMM to check your voltage so you can properly set your Stinger voltage meter. Check before you set, during, and after to ensure the meter is seeing the right number.

I check the voltage coming from the battery or right from the amp? I need to pick one up anyway so I can set my gains properly when the new amp gets here.

youl be fine, had the same amp, all stock, all stock wires... started at 14.0 and only dipped down to 13.xx on full tilt :)

Yeah Id imagine mine will be fine as well. (hopefully!)

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB

I checked mine at the amplifier and hooked the meter up to the amplifier so I can somewhat watch what the amp sees for voltage. But its your choice really.

Well when I set the meter at 13.0 and did it at the amp it went into the 11's but straight from the battery upfront it never fell lower than 12.3.

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB