Second Skin Audio

Box Designing

OK fellas that are waiting, sorry about this ive been working late every night for a while now so dont have much time to do this when i get home which is usually my SMD time lol so as soon as i can ill be designing :)

Live life to the full... Then TURN THAT BITCH UP!

291nldv.png

ahh but you see my friend, L ports are just a way of extending the port for more room, if you keep the inner dimensions the same just take the full length of both sides as the port length

say wha?! really please learn me because RE's calculator Fed me up the A with the big D of port

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

say wha?! really please learn me because RE's calculator Fed me up the A with the big D of port

Lport.png

Ok so basically if you keep the inner port width(red) the same the entire length of the port then the entire length(blue) is the ports length. so you can use the length given by 12volts calculator or enter the dimensions as if it is a normal slot port into torres

Live life to the full... Then TURN THAT BITCH UP!

291nldv.png

hey there, it's a mustang so not a lot of room. my dimensions are 44 width, 11 depth. and there are two hieghts.it goes from 13" in front to 6.5in back. The 11" depth isn't maximum though.

two 10" fi ssd.

3/4mdf, and 30-35hz.Don't really care about the port style, you can get creative if you want to haha

Thanks buddy

Lport.png

Ok so basically if you keep the inner port width(red) the same the entire length of the port then the entire length(blue) is the ports length. so you can use the length given by 12volts calculator or enter the dimensions as if it is a normal slot port into torres

your wrong...

measure down middle of whole port and dont forget end correction, which you didnt account for. without that every port youve calculated thus far is wrong

your wrong...

measure down middle of whole port and dont forget end correction, which you didnt account for. without that every port youve calculated thus far is wrong

i knew the down the middle part but what is end correction? also if wanting to do an L port does that change the # of common port walls? that is what confuses me. his help page did not clear that up enough for me

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

I would love for a box design for 2 15" Subwoofers

I dont have much room

36" Wide

18" Deep

17" Height

It can either be sealed up, or a center port ..

I just want it to get loud, and look nice :)

I would have more depth if my damn trunk wasnt such a pain in the ass to drop subwoofer boxes into lol

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T

Hey man I've been doing some research and I just don't get this. Either that or I lack some imagination haha. But anyways if you have some time after your done with designing boxes for others will you help me out. Right now this is all the info that I have. I would like a 3/4" thick rectangular box for two 12's with the port in the center of the box. My subs are JL Audio 12W3v2-D2. Their driver displacement is .07 cubic feet. I don't know about the port dimensions because I don't really understand the tunning frequency. The factory recommended tuning is 30.8 but I would like some opinions on what would be louder. My max dimensions are 15x32x18. If you need any more info just let me know and I'll do the best of my ability to get you the answers.

2 12" JL Audio W3's, Sealed box, Quantum Audio QB1500d

Archived