Sonic Electronix

alright. so i got the sub in today and got it hooked up to my old amp. it hits alright for 500rms. but when i was messing around with it today i noticed that it hits significantly harder, is much louder, and there is alot of air movement when i open my trunk. now the sub is in the backseat. sub and port both faceing foward. now normaly when you open the trunk it gets quieter in the car. anybody got any ideas how i could make it so its better with the trunk closed? or what that has to deal with? cabin space or the cabin responce or somethning? ive been told in a different post to seal off my trunk from the cabin, im in the processes of that now, do you think that would solve my problem? or is there more to this then im aware of (witch im sure there is)

06 Honda Civic Si

Sub: 15" Kicker L7

Sub Amplifier: Phoenix Gold RSd 1200.1

Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-HD545U

Speakers: undecided

Speaker amp: undecided

Still alot more to come!!!

what happens when trunk is closed and front door is open?

TY

Moet poppin', hoe hoppin', aint no stoppin' B.I.G. poppa, I'm a bad boy

Party and Bullshit - The Notorious B.I.G.

Honest estimate on this truck when it's all done........... 172.3...........

Ehh.. U are aware of what 172.3 is, right?

yep.....:)

Two Pyle 15"s Build log

what happens when trunk is closed and front door is open?

it gets a little louder. but not as much as when the trunk is just open with doors closed. and im talking about there is a big difference. like when the trunk is closed and i put my hand by the window with the window rolled half way up and i can feel a little air moving. but when i open the trunk i was like damn! i mean it was nothing close to doing a hair trick or something but there was a huge differnce. my mirror on my winsheild went straight up. like in a split second. with the trunk closed it takes a while for the mirror to face up ha.

Edited by fuggnore

06 Honda Civic Si

If I'm correct you would not usually want to direct the subs towards you. And as far as the trunk I think it's because your box is tuned at a certain hrz and your vehicle space is tuned differently so it is a different tone until you open your trunk then it changes your tune again. Not sure how to fix it. Maybe a diff box tuned differently if I understand it right :)

My First Build on SMD (Blow Through)

2004 Ford F-350 SD Lariat

Pioneer 3200BT DVD Deck

Infinity Reference Components not powered

Bully Dog Gauge Cluster Pyro, Turbo, Trans

SF3 SCT Tuner W/Customs

If you can't Join em' Crush em'

I agree it's just like my truck it's 50% louder with my windows down cause the frequency of my cab is different then my box.

My First Build on SMD (Blow Through)

2004 Ford F-350 SD Lariat

Pioneer 3200BT DVD Deck

Infinity Reference Components not powered

Bully Dog Gauge Cluster Pyro, Turbo, Trans

SF3 SCT Tuner W/Customs

If you can't Join em' Crush em'

i was doing some more tests today with test tones and stuff. and here is what i came up with

at 34hz its the loudest (doors closed trunk closed windows down) i tried to tune the box to 32hz so im not to off i guess.

and even with the trunk open 34 is still the loudest. i put some foam and a board to block the cabin from the trunk I KNOW THIS IS NOT REMOTELY SEALED! SO DONT BE LIKE "YOUR STUPID ITS NOT SEALED" CAUSE I KNOW THAT ALREADY. but even with that little block there is a little of a difference. so i think im going to try and fully seal off the trunk from the cabin and that should fix my problem...i hope

its nothing great. but its my first real build i can say.

imag0062v.th.jpg

imag0063v.th.jpg

06 Honda Civic Si

If I'm correct you would not usually want to direct the subs towards you. And as far as the trunk I think it's because your box is tuned at a certain hrz and your vehicle space is tuned differently so it is a different tone until you open your trunk then it changes your tune again. Not sure how to fix it. Maybe a diff box tuned differently if I understand it right :)

well actually if i face the sub backwards i fuck up trunk latches. ive gone through 2 already. and when i put the third one on i turned the box so the sub is faceing me and i havent had any problem. and it dosent sound like my trunk lid is going to fall off. now it just blends in with all the other rattels. and normally when you face direction of the sub a difference way you notice a differnce in loudness. when i switched it i really didnt notice any difference at all. now i can be for certian beacuse i didnt sound lab it or anything. but im my opinion it didnt really make a difference sub faceing foward or backwards except for rattels on the outside. witch i find odd beacuse this is the first time ive had that happen. any other time witch way your faceing the sub makes a big difference.

06 Honda Civic Si

Cancellation

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...