Recommendations for hardener?

I bought a kit of resin and it came with the hardener with it. I am used to the stuff at work which was just a clear liquid hardener so I failed to mix this weird hardener paste like substance. I want to get the right kind of hardener that I am used to or at least doesn't need to be mixed before adding to the resin. What kind of hardener do you suggest and where can I get it online? I have tried several local spots and they do not have very many options so a link would be nice. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

TY

TY

Moet poppin', hoe hoppin', aint no stoppin' B.I.G. poppa, I'm a bad boy

Party and Bullshit - The Notorious B.I.G.

Honest estimate on this truck when it's all done........... 172.3...........

Ehh.. U are aware of what 172.3 is, right?

yep.....:)

Two Pyle 15"s Build log

no body?

TY

Two Pyle 15"s Build log

what are the products your talking about? we cant tell you to get the "right kind of hardener" if we don't know what product your describing.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

the resin is a "Bondo" all purpose resin. I used the "Cream" hardener that came with the package. However it says to add 14 drops per oz of resin, but it does not come out in drops, more of a runny tooth paste texture and I have no idea how much to add. When at work, I have used a clear liquid that is easy to drip. Is this the MEKP stuff? It sounds like it

Let me know

Thanks

TY

TY

Two Pyle 15"s Build log

the resin is a "Bondo" all purpose resin. I used the "Cream" hardener that came with the package. However it says to add 14 drops per oz of resin, but it does not come out in drops, more of a runny tooth paste texture and I have no idea how much to add. When at work, I have used a clear liquid that is easy to drip. Is this the MEKP stuff? It sounds like it

Let me know

Thanks

TY

if it was clear and used for a polyester resin, then most likely it was MEKP. you can order resin and mekp from uscomposites.com or selectproducts.com or fiberglast.com.....but I cant tell you that the bondo all purpose resin will react the same way to that form of MEKP then to the cream.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Something like this usually works for me

633881714665868320-Whooty.jpg

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

the bondo all purpose resin is what i used, i think your hardener might be bad????? i just poked a hole in it with a pin and it was fine, took me a few tries to get it rite so it dident harden to quickly and turn into chunks or not enough so it never dried, i also used the 3M hardener for my second can i bought just to see, same shit really

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Something like this usually works for me

633881714665868320-Whooty.jpg

yeah thatll do it :good:

TY

Two Pyle 15"s Build log

the thick paste is for the body filler

someone musta messed up putting it in the wrong container you need the clear liquid where ever you go it should sell it seperatly

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

the thick paste is for the body filler

someone musta messed up putting it in the wrong container you need the clear liquid where ever you go it should sell it seperatly

^^This, you need MEKP aka methyl-ethyl ketone peroxide

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...