Sonic Electronix

Dumbest $hit you ever built.....?????

Where are you getting MDF 1" sheets that cheap............???????

I pissed away about $200 not to mention the time......... a full day of cutting, routing, fiberglassing, and sweating my ass off in 105* weather......... But I get what your saying........ I'll just drop a pair of 15"'s in this big bitch, and sell it to some kid on craigs list, who is thrilled his new MTX 15's hit like that......LOL

She's kool about it, she knows II get crabby when things dont go the way they are supposed to ( I'm kinda like a kid that way)...... But it's all good...........

So who eles as dumbshit they have done?

You never said it was 1" MDF, so for all we knew it could have been 1/2" so you can't get crazy when someone replies to you like that.

And you're trippin about throwing away so much money, well not to be an ass but why would you do that? 1" MDF AND fiberglass for a box for 2 12" type r's off 1500rms? That just sounds like waaaaaaaaay too much for that setup.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

You never said it was 1" MDF, so for all we knew it could have been 1/2" so you can't get crazy when someone replies to you like that.

And you're trippin about throwing away so much money, well not to be an ass but why would you do that? 1" MDF AND fiberglass for a box for 2 12" type r's off 1500rms? That just sounds like waaaaaaaaay too much for that setup.

I wasn't getting crazy about things at all man, I was just making a statement, just like everyone else here, thats all.. no big deal.... I agree it's overkill, but Ii always overbuild, just incase subs get swapped or whatever.... your are right though, i didn't say, nor imply the thickness of the MDF , so I guess it was fair of you to assume, that it wasn't.............. The fiberglass is a staple in my box building, strongest corners I have ever built.........

Oh well, $hit happens, its allready got a pair of Audiopipe 15's in it, and it'll be sold in a day or two....

I just wasn't planning on building a box to sell......:P

I wasn't getting crazy about things at all man, I was just making a statement, just like everyone else here, thats all.. no big deal.... I agree it's overkill, but Ii always overbuild, just incase subs get swapped or whatever.... your are right though, i didn't say, nor imply the thickness of the MDF , so I guess it was fair of you to assume, that it wasn't.............. The fiberglass is a staple in my box building, strongest corners I have ever built.........

Oh well, $hit happens, its allready got a pair of Audiopipe 15's in it, and it'll be sold in a day or two....

I just wasn't planning on building a box to sell......:P

Those are some important things to do when you're building something serious, like a lot of power but it's not really needed for a small build like that.

But good thing you had other subs to swap in and get a sale out of it.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

My homemade fleshlight.

ROFLMAO :rofl:

dumbest shxt i ever built... first box ever designed and built.... tryied to imitate a JL W6 "H.O." box by guesstimating the demensions... plus had no prior woodworking experience... didnt know about measure for kerfs... and using a sony xplod 12in ...

i recently figured out that the box was 2.2 cubes tuned to 56hz...

i may be able to use that box for burps... ill take a pic of it when i get home...

My first truck... My first Real build...

*Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!*

1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line

Everybody wants their system to be....

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

...you can only pick two.

micahmye hertz pack

lol thats funny a radio in a bin that gets thrown up in???? was that chic hot??

she was a good looker, but all over the 6x9s and the amp... Trickled into the battery compartment...

1988 Honda City E

• Big 3 in 1/0
  • Venom 6x9
  • Venom 6.5 Components
  • Response 4x100 midz and highs amp
  • Fusion NV 2500.1: STOLEN
  • 2 x 12 inch fusion nv subs
  • 10 inch 5 doller subs in my doors

PM me if you want help with electrical

My homemade fleshlight.

pics or didn't happen

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Should have use that 18hz box for home theater.

"Dumbest" thing I ever built was a .7 cube box for a 15" CV158.

Close second was a 4.2 cube box tuned around 34hz with two 12" Jensen XS1212's on a RF 200x2 @ 1 ohm... haha ;) Measured a 140 on whatever meter was being used at the crap show I went to. Probably would have been a 135-138 on a termlab by what I remember it doing. Car was a 1979(?) mercury bobcat and I had to cut the rear seat brace etc out to fit it into the trunk... well, almost into the trunk that is, rofl.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived