anthonyott99 Posted August 11, 2010 Report Posted August 11, 2010 Ok , ive been looking through a few forums and notice that most people dont like Sony head units. Most prefer like i do either Pioneer, pioneer premier, or Alpine. But are there any good Sony Head units out there ? My system is primarily for spl but it is my daily driver so need some quality also. I am looking for a unit under 300 dollars ! If not Sony make some other suggestions ! Thanx !!!
Chally Posted September 18, 2010 Report Posted September 18, 2010 I have the GT-340 and its pretty good. Its pretty cheap at only 90ish dollars and has quite a bit of features for a "cheap" headunit. Overall its pretty good just they are kinda stupid and made it a detachable but forgot to include a case for it. lol
BeachJoshua Posted September 18, 2010 Report Posted September 18, 2010 I would go as far to say that 90 percent of people wouldn't put sony in there car unless they got a SUPER good deal, or it was temporary... I hope I'm not completely wrong. | S-10 | 4.5^3 ft | 33Hz | SAE-1000D @ 1 Ohm | 2 SA-12s | SPL: 143.7 Sealed | 153.4 Port Wars
chuchunesme Posted September 18, 2010 Report Posted September 18, 2010 I picked one up a couple years ago, can't remember the model number off hand but it was a higher end one. It has full iPod control and comes with the cable so no extras to buy. I've been VERY happy with it, its easy to tune. I had a low end Sony before that and I flat out hated it. Maybe people's opinions on Sony are based on their car audio as a whole, 95% of it sucks so they don't want to give the other 5% a chance.
C-Fizzy Posted September 18, 2010 Report Posted September 18, 2010 alot of sony's older headunits(early 2000) were badass. but thats only their top of the line stuff. everything else has horrible sq, and controls. under construction I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me. u hate c-fizzy?
bassHZ Posted September 18, 2010 Report Posted September 18, 2010 i have a sony for the past year and half i got it cuz it was affordable and had good features for the price it has never given me a single problem even when its hot as fuck or cold it runs perfect i dont like the looks of its that much but u cant complain for the price
white4d96 Posted September 18, 2010 Report Posted September 18, 2010 I have a GTX-330 or 33W (can't remember, they're the same unit far as I can tell) and I actually don't dislike it. The EQ kinda sucks, but it's no worse than any other entry level HU. Only other beef is that it doesn't have separate HPF's for front and rear. Otherwise I almost like the thing, especially since it was $60 with a 3-year store warranty. Too many projects, too little time...
bassahaulic Posted September 18, 2010 Report Posted September 18, 2010 Some of their mid-line stuff is good for the price. Much better can be had for $300 though.
zachfowler222 Posted September 19, 2010 Report Posted September 19, 2010 i have always went with you get what you pay for..... if you can find it at walmart its a pos period guys. im not saying this to down anyone that already has one but most newer sony audio stuff sucks. they are building for quantity not quality these days just like alot of other high end companys are starting to do ...its sad but its true and its only getting worst and worst everyday I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.