Admin Please lock. shorta ram intake

as in trying to rebuild your top end?

the racing headers are expensive but incredibly helpful, especially when using FI like those guys are using. not to mention a much more aggressive and cleaner note on the exhaust. doing the basic upgrades will put your worlds ahead of other stock fortes, but i know what you mean. i would honestly wait and try and turbo the little kid, lol. would be a sweet deal. do you have any experience on knowledge on custom fab? or just new period to the whole scene?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

it's going into a 2010 kia forte koup. auto tranny. 4 cylindar theta engine. 16 valve. dohc. and that's all i know about that engine. and i only got a cheap intake off ebay for the tubing. they only make a couple differnt intakes for my car. and they are waaaaaaay more than i can afford right now. and i am gettting a new filter. i dont not trust the one that comes on it.

It's a Kia, don't put any "performance" mods on it hahahahhaha.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

i don't know.

and yeah. turbo is (if i read the dynos right) on the 2.4L (stock hp is 176) gives makes the total hp around 300. depending on if you have the CAI and exhaust. so yeah.

and i'm pretty new to all this. i know a little about a few different things on the engine, but that's only cause i've got some friends who rebuild cars as there hobby. don't know anything about custom fab,,yet. but hope to learn as much as i can about fab and general car customization. that's why i ask so many questions.

39118_1509236767337_1126873577_31470344_6306040_n.jpg

2 12" memphis mojo mojo12d4

hifonics brutus bxi 2610D

1/0 power wire

4 gauge speaker wire

ddm tuning 8000k 35w hids

C&D technologies battery (100 ah)

custom box tuned to around 45hz(designed buy fritosaregood)

2010 kia forte koup

now where did I say racecar? I wouldnt even bothering turboing on putting NOS on anything till you build up the motor and tranny its flat out crazy to think that a stock motor/tranny in an econo car will be fine with 300HP

loudcav...youre kind of showing how inept you are in this area, please stop.

"if you wanted fast you should of bought a S10"

that was your quote. and what you are refering to is nitrous. NOS is a brand, not an actual modification. and where did he say he was going to turbo or add nitrous without upgrading his tranny or engine?

nitrous when done properly can be used in almost any and every application. even if that means only using a 10shot. rebuilt engines and trannys can also blow with nitrous use. ive added turbos to a lot of smaller setups without upgraded internals. although it is not ideal an engine will not automatically blow itself up. of course he wouldnt be able to run turbo full boost but the car can run.

i added a 20shot of nitrous for a guy who drove a 2003 pontiac grand am gt. nothing done but a SRI, upgraded saturated injectors, a fuel rail, an ECU reflash (not done by me) and a full catback exhaust. his car is still running today besides some heightened wear and tear, especially around the seals.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Thanks for the back up teamHT. And there's a guy who put a 100 shot( i that's what its called) on a 1.6l forte. And nitrous I have no intent too us cause no one I know knows how to us it. And what I'm adding other than CAI is well idk yet. Maybe exhaust. Ecu flash. Other general tunings

1/0 power wire

4 gauge speaker wire

2010 kia forte koup

ok. got it in and installed today. had to take a hack saw to it cause it was to long. and even with the stock ebay filter it sounds awesome. i still have plans on getting a good filter. and here's a pic of it installed.

44301_1190739441659_1023540700_30848122_480345_n.jpg

1/0 power wire

4 gauge speaker wire

2010 kia forte koup

might sound like an odd question but....is there anyway to face it towards the ground instead of back by your firewall? or as away from the engine as possible....mainly cuz that air is gonna be hotter than hell with the filter right next to the engine.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

with this intake...no. wanted too. but there is not space at the angel it is bent.

1/0 power wire

4 gauge speaker wire

2010 kia forte koup

with this intake...no. wanted too. but there is not space at the angel it is bent.

actually, from the looks of it, you could turn it pointed out towards the front of the vehicle. if you unbolt that front intake thats right behind your hood latch, cuz you dont need it anymore, it may be able to fit there and be better for the engine....plus itll suck in the air thats coming in right away.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Archived