• 3 weeks later...

Not to bring up an old thread but I was looking for some tips on an install I am doing today and noticed 2 things about not being able to stop the tow truck and a car jack. The car jack is actually an easy stop. A lot of alarms now will allow you to arm while driving and if the door is open for 30 seconds or more then the car shuts off after 2 minutes. Also a long time ago I remember there was a clifford (I think) alarm I think that you could page to turn off if you got car jacked. I have not installed an alarm in a long time so I don't know if it's possible now but if it was before...

The last one I am not sure how you would do it but I have a car that is supposedly un-towable (unless you have a flat bed and lets face it, car theives who use a tow truck don't use flatbeds often) Somehow my Mercedes will lock the wheels at 5 MPH if the car is in park and cannot be unlocked without a full disarm of the system. Like I said I don't know what system they use but every tow truck driver who has towed this car complains.

Pops always said though if theif really wants your car he's gonna get it. You just want the SOB who gets it to be the damn best professional there is, not some punk kid!

Starting From Scratch!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking back to the VATS bypass, if you do have this system, another thing you can do (which I did for mine) is to bypass the reader in the column, and put a pack of resistors inline somewhere removeable instead. Mine is hooked up with bullet connectors. Granted I did mine because my reader was failing, but all the same, as long as I have that with me and not in the car, and unless you know the resistance of my key somehow, it won't go anywhere (I actually found out during this that even with the ignition on, my car will shut off after like 5 seconds if it doesn't detect the resistor, even if you jump the starter.)

Too many projects, too little time...

I had the same problem. My reader was failing. Tried all the resistence keys, and finally got frustrated so I bought I bypass module. It takes and makes the 50hz 5v signal needed to start the injectors. I have it on a quick connect so I can remove it when I feel the need. I also have the power for the box on a switch which I can also shut off without removing the box.here is another cool idea..

What about taking and making it, so your brake light switch activates the horn. That would make it so when someone breaks into your vehicle and put it in gear, they would set the horn off.

1985 Chevy Silverado Black and Silver SBC 350/700r4

best would be a gps tracking with alarm input trigger utilizing a geofence

crime has no area code... it is everywhere. being smart about it will go a lot further than an alarm

and regardless of what benz you think you have... they can all be snatched... I work at a benz dealer

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

hook horn to dome light with a toggle switch hidden on outside of vehicle after you exit vehicle turn on switch as soon as door opens horn blows it works cheap do it your self alarm.

sealed up on the termlab mic on dash 4-sa12"s 2-3500d's 153.4db now testing a american bass 1100.1 no numbers yet 300amp iraggi alt and kinetik batts.

I was actually given that idea by a buddy wanting to do a prank. Another idea would be horn on toggle, triggered by the brakes. But, the best form of anti theft is being smart. Don't flaunt your shit and then park on the road and you're much better off then the guy driving a pos Honda lol

1985 Chevy Silverado Black and Silver SBC 350/700r4

Archived