Sonic Electronix

alright, ive herd from many sorces BASS BOOST IS BAD!. now yesterday when i was useing the dmm to dial in everything on my amp i noticed without a little bass boost i cant get the voltage i want going to the sub with out having the gain almost all the way up. so i have my gain a little less then 3/4 full and i have my bass boost up like a sixteenth. (very small) is this alright? the sub dosent sound like its clipping or anything. and also, when i dialed everything in everything on my headunit was flat. and after the amp was adjusted i changed some things on the head unit settings. like lowered the bass going to the speakers, well the bass at my sub dropped a little so i turned up the subwoofer level on my headunit. was this alright also?

06 Honda Civic Si

Sub: 15" Kicker L7

Sub Amplifier: Phoenix Gold RSd 1200.1

Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-HD545U

Speakers: undecided

Speaker amp: undecided

Still alot more to come!!!

set your subwoofer level on the headunit all the way up then retune your gains with a DMM and you should be good. i noticed you have a kenwood headunit so i know for a fact they have one and it goes up to +15. at 3/4 volume, i think its around 26-27, my headunit outputted about a half a volt (2v preouts) and it didnt start to boost up the preout voltage till about volume 29-30. i retuned gains at volume 34 which is clip free (35 clips). thats just a tip if you get a mids and highs amp and you want to get all the voltage you can out of the headunit.

set your lp on your headunit to 50 hz

the lowest i can go on the head unit is 80HZ i belive. maybe its 50. but whatever it is i got that all the way down. do you thing i should mess with the LP on the amp?

06 Honda Civic Si

set your subwoofer level on the headunit all the way up then retune your gains with a DMM and you should be good. i noticed you have a kenwood headunit so i know for a fact they have one and it goes up to +15. at 3/4 volume, i think its around 26-27, my headunit outputted about a half a volt (2v preouts) and it didnt start to boost up the preout voltage till about volume 29-30. i retuned gains at volume 34 which is clip free (35 clips). thats just a tip if you get a mids and highs amp and you want to get all the voltage you can out of the headunit.

yeah my radio is exactly like that haha. but okay ill try that. my amp isnt getting hot or anything being that high but i dont really like knowing its up that high. gotta love phenoix gold =]

06 Honda Civic Si

Don't set your LP to 50. 70 to 8O is better.

Like he said above, put your sub level all the way up. You want your HU to put out as many volts as possible which will in turn allow you to keep your gain lower at the amp, and bass boost down.

Edited by R_Mac_1

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

yeah my radio is exactly like that haha. but okay ill try that. my amp isnt getting hot or anything being that high but i dont really like knowing its up that high. gotta love phenoix gold =]

turning the gain up doesnt mean its working harder or anything. its just matching the amp with the input voltage. if the input voltage was .2v you better believe the gain would be all the way up. and likewise if you had 10v going through the rcas you could have the gain all the way down and still clip.

so dont worry about it :drink40:

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

no to steal the light but if ya have a deck w/ a adjustable eq that has a 100hz min. where should that be set +10? 0 or in the minus area i have abass boost on deck that goes to +6

Bass boost should be off. EQ should be flat (0).

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M