Sonic Electronix

Well in December my Monte Carlo broke down. I tore my system out of it before we got rid of it. What i want to know is now i got a blazer, but the thing is my dad told me that he didn't want me to put the subs back in so i sold everything. Lately I have realized that i want to put them back in, my question is would one sub only on like 400 watts just make it sound good. For me i just like the little bit of bass, my reason of just doing one is i sold my amp, and all the wiring already. Also if i just did that much wattage would I need to do a battery in the back or would it be okay just going stock electrical?

2003 Chevy Blazerkenwood headunit4 ga. kicker wiringAQ1200D amp2 12" DC LVL 3'sStinger Volt MeterMy Build LogBlazer is no longer. Totaled 02/14/2012drew.png

no. this is for converting dc to ac. useful if you want to run a blender inside your car.

Stock electrical easy only 400rms just use 8 gauge unless you feeling up to the 4 gauge. It will be a cute little bass for sure.

My First Build on SMD (Blow Through)

2004 Ford F-350 SD Lariat

Pioneer 3200BT DVD Deck

Infinity Reference Components not powered

Bully Dog Gauge Cluster Pyro, Turbo, Trans

SF3 SCT Tuner W/Customs

If you can't Join em' Crush em'

Should play nice man, also, very cheap system!! :yahoo:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

This really depends on a few things. first off, how many cca amps is your batt you have in the car now? or how about the power output from your alt?

I have a 1998 oldsmobile 88 for my car. it came with a stock 690 cca wet cell batt with a 140 amp alt. i started with a little 200 watt 2 channel amp for my little 150 watt powered woofer. then i stepped up to a 900 watt amp. the 900 watt amp is what really made my power dim at heavy bass hits, but i had it wired at 2 ohms. remember this, the lower your resistance level, the more power your amp will suck to get the output rating of the amp. in my opinion, when i ran my 900 watt amp, it performed great as long as my car was running. if i tried to crank my radio up without the engine on, the batt would die so fast that after 5 minutes, i wouldnt be able to start the engine. >:( but i upgraded my batt to an xs power s3400 and that puppy cranks some power. i just had that tested today and it puts out 1130 crank amps!!! thats wayyy over what xs rates it. with that batt i can run my behemoth of an amp at 1400 watts for 30 minutes without having the power drop below 12.5v with the engine off.

So all in all, i wouldnt go more than like 700 watts rms, or lower than 2 ohms. if you do, then you will draw tons of current and kill your batt fast (trust me, i have soo many times and it sucks to ask random creeps for a jump) hahaa.

any questions feel free to ask.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

nice write up. I have 2 subs but the amp i have is one that i bought when i first got the system. (I didn't know shit about it then). Also i had a cap, which i know everyone hates but again first system. Now i know that i wouldnt use it again. I sometimes wish that i never sold my AQ1200D. Which I bought in like september. Then we build a new box for the subs and my car broke down less than a week after that :(. I dont want anything too crazy right now being that i start college in less than 2 weeks, and i need as much money as i can. So i wanted to just do something to get a little bit of bass back. I think the amp is 500 rms at 2 ohms, but the sub is only rated for 400 rms but i ran it at 500 last time i ran it.

2003 Chevy Blazerkenwood headunit4 ga. kicker wiringAQ1200D amp2 12" DC LVL 3'sStinger Volt MeterMy Build LogBlazer is no longer. Totaled 02/14/2012drew.png

no. this is for converting dc to ac. useful if you want to run a blender inside your car.

There´s something called impedance rise, and also you´ll have some voltage drops, so you´ll see 300 watts if you are lucky, this means you don´t have to worry about overpowering because you won´t hehe

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

in my wifes pickup truck I'm running a fosgate 200 watt amp on two tens and a pos 1000 watt thats what it says but I know it dont even get close but it works for the mids and highs all on one battery but I did the big three it sound good and its perfect for her cause shes not into realy loud music but wants her music to sound good

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

i think your system will be pretty good. if your batt is crap then your voltage will drop down fast as hell but if you have the blazer shown into the pic, they have a little volt meter built into the dash. so you can at least keep an eye on it with that. my car doesnt have that, all i have is a little batt light that comes on when the voltage is at 11v. or the warning when my remote starter will run the car for a min and when the battery light comes on, it shuts off. my car is stupid :P

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress