Any dispatchers or security on here?

So I have a couple of job opportunities and a dispatcher for a local fire station is one of them. I'm just wondering if anyone on here is a dispatcher and how they like it. It's either a dispatcher job or security at a hospital.

I have no idea what the security job pays but the pay does include full benefits and it's basically being parking lot security. SUPER easy job. It's for the day shift (7-3) mon-fri which is exactly what my girl works so that's convenient.

the dispatcher job pays around $45k a year but is 4 12 hour days straight and is much more involved, even though I'm not sure exactly what goes on which is why I'm asking if anyone here does that job.

which job would you guys go with? Oh and I just worked 49 hours last week and took home $297 so either job is a HUGE step up!

go with dispatch, itll pay much better and security blows. i have done it.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

go with dispatch, itll pay much better and security blows. i have done it.

how does it blow? I'm not going against you since you've done it and I havent, but it seems like a pretty tits job. Sit in a car and drive around parking lots. Can use my iphone and listen to the radio all day long. doesnt seem too bad

I do security at a corporate center, its alright pretty kick back but only makin 13 an hour.. that security job at the hospital you will probably start out at ten or eleven.. so I would take that dispatch job and not look back. I'm curious though you sure your starting off at 45k a year that's really high.. Here in la they start at around 30

Edited by Steve626

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5

20 Inch Lexani Wheels / Tires

(2) Re SR 15s

US AMPS AX600DE

Audison SRX-4

Herts ECX 165 front

Polk momo 6x9s rear

Pioneer AVH-3200 DVD

I do security at a corporate center, its alright pretty kick back but only makin 13 an hour.. that security job at the hospital you will probably start out at ten or eleven.. so I would take that dispatch job and not look back. I'm curious though you sure your starting off at 45k a year that's really high.. Here in la they start at around 30

I should have been more clear. They don't start out at $45k a year but after 2-3 years that is what they make. For some reason my city pays it's fire departments really well. The firemen average around $65-70k a year. Makes me wish I wasn't so lazy. I just want to know what I'd be getting into as far as the dispatcher job

I make less then $8/hr now, work shit hours (~10/11 - 6) and am guaranteed not to get a raise or promotion EVER. well the only person who makes more then me makes $2 more an hour and has been there for 7 years so.

i liked that i got paid to sit in my car and watch movies when that was possible but the jobs at the hospital was just standing at the door all day with nothing to do. cant have any electronics, book, anything. so its boring as all fucking hell. if you get into a parking lot, in your own car. there literally is no easier job lol.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i work security at the moment i say go for the dispatcher's job. security blows seems like an easy job and your right it is to easy which makes it REALLY boring. plus in your area is there a lot of fires or elevators getting suck (where i'm from the fire department deals with getting people out of stuck elevators)? if not seems like a dispatcher job would be easy as well. just don't send to the wrong address lol.

reaper.png

I'm not good at working 9+ hours straight which is one of the reasons I'm not leaning towards the dispatcher position. plus the security guy called me today telling me to come in on wednesday to take the test and start training classes on thursday

I think the dispatcher would be of a career job, and security to be intermediate job, unless you want to move up and be the HNIC, I would say be the dispatcher...

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill