jdubs Posted September 15, 2010 Author Report Posted September 15, 2010 correct, i didnt like the focals. the midbass has no balls to it, and the tweet is totally unnatural sounding Thats interesting. lol. I'm willing to try them... i got a great deal so we'll see Kenwood DDX 514 DD M3a DD 9512G RF 600.4 RF power series 6x8s lots of zero ga. Whats coming: Kenwood Excelon screen, DD high end comps, DD 4ch, XS batteries
basskartel Posted September 15, 2010 Report Posted September 15, 2010 seriously mids and highs are like choosing a woman, everyone has different taste and likes different sounding speakers. there is no right or wrong!! choose what YOU like the best not what other people think you should buy. focal, hybrid audio, morel, rainbow audio etc etc, these are all amazing companies with great products.
jdubs Posted September 16, 2010 Author Report Posted September 16, 2010 seriously mids and highs are like choosing a woman, everyone has different taste and likes different sounding speakers. there is no right or wrong!! choose what YOU like the best not what other people think you should buy. focal, hybrid audio, morel, rainbow audio etc etc, these are all amazing companies with great products. Yeah but because high end manufactures are generally so spread out... its hard to hear even one or two brands, let alone enough to make a fair comparison. I gotta say I was most excited about getting a hold of some hertz speakers... and I still really want an audison amp. But without a dealer nearby, or a dealer willing to work out shipping and whatnot with me, I've just about given up. Its not always what you want as much as it what you can get Kenwood DDX 514 DD M3a DD 9512G RF 600.4 RF power series 6x8s lots of zero ga. Whats coming: Kenwood Excelon screen, DD high end comps, DD 4ch, XS batteries
CHEMMINS Posted September 16, 2010 Report Posted September 16, 2010 A lot of stuff won't be warrantied unless installed by an authorized dealer either.
teamjeffrey Posted September 16, 2010 Report Posted September 16, 2010 I use the kicker ks series they sound great people who have bought from me Team Bassick (ALPINE) Purplehaze nidus head unit sony dsx-s310btxsubs 2 12 incriminator audio king of basssubs amp incriminator audio 20.1mids/highs mids/highs amp incriminator audio 6.4equalizer clarioncrossover interfirealternator 1 mechman 240ampbattery's xs power 1 d2100 2 d3100sky high car audio 1/0 awg ofc wires memphis car audio 1/0 ofcxs power xs flex 4 awg sky high car audio 8 gauge ofc sky high car audio 12 gauge ofc t spec rca check out my building log http://www.stevemead...frey-build-log/http://www.stevemead...d-other-things/check out audio gear i have for salehttp://www.stevemead...51#entry1595151
tatt2guy Posted September 16, 2010 Report Posted September 16, 2010 DYNAUDIO....................................................... remember you get what you pay for........... SEAS................................................................ A little less expensive, and still sound great.... Morel................................................................Good stuff........Not Dynaudio, but still real good stuff. But thats my taste, not everyone likes the same sound, like previously stated, I have heard some of the best anywhere, I have sat in front of the Genisis 1.1, as well as the B&W Nautilus, as well as owning a pair of B&W nautilus802's, I like a specific sound, and wont settle for less... However, not everyone is willing to spend $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for SQ..... If you're looking for just better than the chain stores sell, then Focal, Hertz, may be your solution, if you want the finest sound possible, then keep looking, and don't decide, until you're sure thats the sound your after....
jbondox Posted September 17, 2010 Report Posted September 17, 2010 Yeah but because high end manufactures are generally so spread out... its hard to hear even one or two brands, let alone enough to make a fair comparison. I gotta say I was most excited about getting a hold of some hertz speakers... and I still really want an audison amp. But without a dealer nearby, or a dealer willing to work out shipping and whatnot with me, I've just about given up. Its not always what you want as much as it what you can get ??? I gave you my cell in a PM yesterday you make the pilgrimage here I will have 2 cars for you to demo, unfortunately both would be out of your price range. Like the person said before, it is like a taste of ladies... I tried everything out there except Scott bulwada's line, but the reason i stick with a larger company like audison and Hertz is that they are stable, will be around for a while so your not stuck holding a turd without a warranty, plus dollar for performance... I will put the hertz up against comparable or higher end speakers such as the morel and focal... SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields
jbondox Posted September 17, 2010 Report Posted September 17, 2010 Kicker??? hell we might as well wait for audiobahn's second coming Sorry DynaAudio , SEAS, and morel are not better than the Hertz line, just listened to a "SQ" vehicle about 3 months ago with Dyn's... besides being raped, horrible install, and tuning 101 fail... they were pretty boring. Kicker??? seriously??? E gads... we went from run of the mill to esoteric back to run of the mill... SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields
jbondox Posted September 17, 2010 Report Posted September 17, 2010 What, you got some high end shit in your tow truck? LMAO!!! You know i had a great come back for this.... I deleted it out of professional courtesy... and no I didn't wink SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields
AI James Posted September 17, 2010 Report Posted September 17, 2010 yea that kicker comment in a high end components thread was pretty out of place
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.