Second Skin Audio

air space

imupabove

i got a sealed box, im trying to find out the air space. the only thing is it has a brace/divider. i kinda felt dumb not figuring it out on myself lol, pretty sure its something easy like butter. i can post pics if you guys dont understand me. btw i went on the 12volt site and used their volume calc., it said to subtract the braces volume from the interior volume. not sure on how to do that exactly. thanks for your time.

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

i got a sealed box, im trying to find out the air space. the only thing is it has a brace/divider. i kinda felt dumb not figuring it out on myself lol, pretty sure its something easy like butter. i can post pics if you guys dont understand me. btw i went on the 12volt site and used their volume calc., it said to subtract the braces volume from the interior volume. not sure on how to do that exactly. thanks for your time.

figure your brace displacement (volume) the same way you do your box. length x width x height. subtract that from the volume of the box. When you say divider, do you mean something that divides the box into separate chambers?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

figure your brace displacement (volume) the same way you do your box. length x width x height. subtract that from the volume of the box. When you say divider, do you mean something that divides the box into separate chambers?

elwco.jpg

f260cl.jpg

64gnps.jpg

its pretty long but their a wall about in the middle. you get me now :D? thank you.

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

just measure all sides and minus 1.5" from all sides, then multiply the 3 numbers together then divide by 1728, this is the cubic footage. then for the brace, same thing applies, measure/find dimensions then multiply all 3, divide by 1728, and subtract. this is your box cuft

so it has two chambers? just measure your inside dimensionss and dont subtract 1.5. then measure outside dimensions, subtract 1.5 accordingly and that tells you how much space that your losing.

edit: thats if its two seperate chambers

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

If the divider makes 2 chambers, then only the chamber with the sub is relevant. Measure the inside dimensions, multiply those 3 measurements. If you measured in inches, divide that number by 1728. No need to subtract anything or make it more difficult than it is.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

bro i dont even see the brace. am i crazy?

TY

TY

Moet poppin', hoe hoppin', aint no stoppin' B.I.G. poppa, I'm a bad boy

Party and Bullshit - The Notorious B.I.G.

Honest estimate on this truck when it's all done........... 172.3...........

Ehh.. U are aware of what 172.3 is, right?

yep.....:)

Two Pyle 15"s Build log

Archived