Anyone ever witness HIDs wrecking the electrical system?

4 members have voted

1. 1. After reading the post, was this...

• An insane coincidence
    • No, you're an idiot, don't run different kits at once

What part of ny are you from? Did you do the key dance to check for codes?

I'm in Buffalo- and no I haven't done that. It might be too late at this point...the car's at the dealer and I go back to school on Monday. But yeah, to the other guys- I'm familiar with battery harness/relay kits, and they'll be included on all HID installs I do from now on. Thanksgiving break is when I set up my cousin's S10 with his 6000ks lol.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

the only time ive ever heard of that happenin was with xenons. id heard it for what id consider alot of people( 5+ is more than a coincidence lol) but ive never had it happen to me personally or witnessed it

Edited by darkjustice

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

All right, so a friend of mine has an '08 Dodge Avenger, which of course has halogen (9006) bulbs in the low beams. He says he wants HIDs, so I point him to DDM Tuning, cuz I've heard good stuff about them. (also not interested in spending bazillions at 'high end' places)

They arrive, and I go ahead and plug them in to the stock harnesses. They work, but the next day he comes back with the passenger side flickering. I switch sides with the ballasts for shits and giggles, and of course the driver's side then starts flickering. Meanwhile, I have an off-brand 5000k kit sitting around, which also happens to be 9006. I replace the DDM ballast and bulb that were flickering with the off-brand and leave the other DDM on the passenger side. Fire up the lights. They go on for about half a second, then nothing. No exterior lights work, engine won't turn over, and a 'no bus' error appears in the screen under the speedo. The fuck?? Running two different HID kits throws out your whole canbus system?!

Guy gets back to me, and apparently whoever's repairing it wants $750 incl. labor. REALLY?

Edit: the part blown was the integrated power module

isnt the flickering to do with the fact that you need the fact you didnt purchase the 15 dollar " ERROR CODE " Eliminator ?

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Error-Code-Eliminator-3-PAIR

Purchase this .. install .. problem fixed. saved 750 $$ that u can now send to me for fun ;)

HeadUnit: Kenwood KVT-717DVD

Sub: Rockford Fosgate T2 Power x2

Mids: Front: SoundStream SPL Rear : Fusion fr6530

Amp: Rockford Fosgate T20001 Power 2000Watt

Capacitor : Stinger 4 farad cap.

isnt the flickering to do with the fact that you need the fact you didnt purchase the 15 dollar " ERROR CODE " Eliminator ?

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Error-Code-Eliminator-3-PAIR

Purchase this .. install .. problem fixed. saved 750 $$ that u can now send to me for fun ;)

Warning: Some vehicles may have reverse polarity. Reverse polarity can cause a BOW to explode. We recommend wearing safety glasses and closing your hood before testing the BOW on your vehicle.

good shit yo :good:

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

my friend Paul had a ford contour that gave him nothing but issues when he put in his HIDs....i cant remember for the life of me what it was but it was some crazy shit...also a lot of dodges need a relay put in to stop the flickering....my Durangho did that til we threw in some relays...took care of that quick

the new chystlers are even worse they read the load of the light and if it doesnt see 1 it turns them off its so fuckin stupid

My roommate's BMW went all goofy with it plugged into the stock harnesses, just buy a relay harness (also known as a battery harness) and wire that up with the instructions. If there are still flicker problems get an anti flicker capacitor. If there are problems with the car you need to get "error correcting" capacitors. You just basically plug them into the unused side and it registers as if there was current draw from both sides and stops the car from going goofy.

bingo u need those things for it to work right i see u are local im right near the blvd mall in amherst i have some here a kid stiffed me on PM me ill sell em to you lemme know

Edited by ilovetoinstall

Greg,
Triple C Auto Niagara Falls NY

Under construction
2002 Chevy Suburban

pioneer 8000NEX

3 Sets of ARC Audio 6000 components in custom front doors

2 Powerbass midrange in center council

4 Super tweets

2 Focal 900.6 6 channels

4 American Bass VFL Comp 15's (currently running 2)

DC 12.0k

DC Power dual alt bracket

2 XS Power D3400's under the hood

3 C&D technologies 110ah in rear

along with multiple runs of 0 AWG OFC