Eagle Talon TSI FI BTL + DAT 2500.1

So I had all this done monday I just didn't get the chance to post it. Of course it is a lot of work it is just hard to show laying layer after layer of fiberglass...

Atleast 2 layers down here, you can see my ghetto method of keeping part of it from sagging.

IMG_7738.jpg

Pulled out cleanly, bout as good as I could hope for. Here it is with part of it curing.

IMG_7739.jpg

More and more layers...

IMG_7741.jpg

And another test fit.

IMG_7740.jpg

Thats all ive got for now, but when I get back from work ill be cutting out the top for it. fun stuff.

Lots of pics here...

Cut out a top piece

IMG_7780.jpg

Once again marked it and drilled holes so id know where to screw

IMG_7781.jpg

Rough trim

IMG_7782.jpg

Test fit

IMG_7785.jpg

Final trim

IMG_7790.jpg

IMG_7791.jpg

cutting out the top piece

IMG_7792.jpg

Not bad eh?

IMG_7793.jpg

Around this time I realized I had been forgetting to take pics, but all I did was fiberglass the top piece from the inside and roundover the top. Here I snapped a pic with a freshly mixed batch of resin.

IMG_7794.jpg

Although I forgot to take a picture of it, the back didn't look all that great since it was the back of where the fiberglass met the mdf. So, I put on a layer from the back.

IMG_7795.jpg

Trimmed it up...

IMG_7796.jpg

99 cent black paint

IMG_7797.jpg

first cote of some textured paint

IMG_7798.jpg

Test fit again

IMG_7799.jpg

Ill probably add some more to the back corner, still looks a little rough

IMG_7800.jpg

Probable amp position test fit

IMG_7801.jpg

Obviously needs trimmed up...

IMG_7803.jpg

So trimmed up. I messed up a bit at the bottom of the port but the black paint keeps it from being very noticible. Might roundover it later on as well.

IMG_7804.jpg

Cleaned off this spot

IMG_7805.jpg

And first test fit with the btl.

IMG_7806.jpg

While the btl was in the holes were marked so they could be drilled out and t-nuts installed.

IMG_7807.jpg

And the box essentially done. The flash of course messes with the texture so ill get some better pics tomorrow. Ill be throwing another cote on most likely anyways.

IMG_7808.jpg

Other plans for tomorrow involve getting the power to the back for this beast and getting a way to mount it...

good job. i was worried about that port but you took care of it. i really like how it came together.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

good job. i was worried about that port but you took care of it. i really like how it came together.

Thanks. But just wondering what exactly were you worried about?

damn dude that came out nice. cant wait for some vids of this beast

Hopefully ill have some today...

x2 nice, i would of did carpit though

Yea carpet would look nice, and I may still do it in the future, but that paint was faster and I already had it. Like I said I go back to school sunday (tomorrow :ehh: ) and I have a ton of work to do. If anyone has noticed it there is sandblasting sand everywhere from sandblasting in the garage, so I have to clean all that up plus pack. lol. Atleast im putting my priorities first :woot:

box looks pretty sturdy, can't wait to see that btl beating that talon rear windshield to pieces lol, when are you getting that recone?

My current 95 Jetta Build w/

pioneer h/u

2 RD Sonance 10's with flatwind coils

2 Audiopipe apsm 1500.1s

1 Hifonics Brutus Elite 60x4

1 XS d925

1 Stinger spv35

1 1000 amp lead acid

50 ft of 0/1 ofc from Audiotechnix

all powerbass components, and coaxils, 4 sets

buildlog = http://www.stevemead...2-rd-10s-build/

My build for my wife. http://www.stevemead...01-f-150-build/