Eagle Talon TSI FI BTL + DAT 2500.1

Yea it will be on a DAT 2500.1, so you decide how much power it will actually be getting, lol.

Anyways, im in the process of doing some more building, still trying to decide how to make the port. Hopefully ill have it made before I have to leave for work tonight. And maybe a layer of fiberglass on.

Yea it will be on a DAT 2500.1, so you decide how much power it will actually be getting, lol.

Anyways, im in the process of doing some more building, still trying to decide how to make the port. Hopefully ill have it made before I have to leave for work tonight. And maybe a layer of fiberglass on.

Yes, Reading > me.

I would do about 2.3cubes with 45sq inches of port area tuned to 34Hz. ;)

And set the subsonic at 30hz. :)

That's what i would recommend. :P:drinks:

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

This was all done Thursday. Unfortunately where I am for work my internet messed up last night and I couldn't post them. But here we go.

As stated, all wood for this comes from my last box. So, here is the front piece marked out.

IMG_7667.jpg

and cut and put in place(ish).

IMG_7669.jpg

IMG_7668.jpg

Last template was a bit small so I made a new one

IMG_7670.jpg

Marked out and partially cut

IMG_7671.jpg

And close enough

IMG_7672.jpg

An old 17 cubic foot box makes a great workbench...

IMG_7673.jpg

If anyone happens to remember my old mustang restoration thread... I still have it. Been doing some work but nothing worth making another post about.

IMG_7674.jpg

The port only ended up being 6x6. A bit smaller than I would have liked but after several test and checks it seemed about the best I could do without having to have monster length. (and get it to fit under a notch in the back)

IMG_7677.jpg

test fits-

IMG_7675.jpg

Obviously a bit close to the wall but I meant for it to be that way

IMG_7676.jpg

Box is getting pretty cut up...

IMG_7678.jpg

Marked out for cut

IMG_7679.jpg

I was originally going to mount the port behind the front, but decided not to because of the fact I forgot to subtract the .75 from the marks. But, it probably ended up being for the best anyways. Its exciting, on this build I am not following the measure twice cut once rule... Im more of measuring slightly maybe, then cut shit up. Mainly because so much will be fiberglass I figure it will all fall into place eventually somehow. Worked pretty well so far. Heck all lines Ive drawn have been with a 24inch square and I have been free-hand cutting everything with a circular saw. Pretty obvious when you look at the piece beside the seat compared to the front baffle but ill trim that up later.

IMG_7680-2.jpg

As mentioned before the port is a bit long. only about 3 inches of clearance

IMG_7681.jpg

Now trimmed for the full 6 inch width of the rest of the port.

IMG_7682.jpg

From what ive calculated, the actual port will get me tuned to 35 hz or so depending on the final volume of the box (which I have roughly calculated to somewhere between 2.3-2.5) If the effective port is what I think it should be, my tuning should drop to 32 or so where I want it. Ill be curving stuff out a bit to further help with this.

At this point I work another day, but I should be back at it sunday. Should move pretty quickly into getting a layer of glass on it. Fun times.

Good shit bro...now get to glassing

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

Nice build man.

Moar Pics!

Some people could care less about who the genius is that is making the product... They just want to get it cheap and say "derrrr, look at teh pretty lights in muh dash!"

Because audio is a lifestyle not a hobby.

Things that I am allergic too....

1. Haters
  2. Bitch Notes

lol, more pics will come tomorrow. (or later today depending on how you look at it)

And yea blue tape isn't a bad idea. Ill probably ad some to the corners since you mentioned it, but I will have foil over the tape before I glass. Somehow. and the tape is pretty light on stickiness so im not too worried about peeling it off.

damn port looks weird lol. i heard your supposed to have ports atleast 4in from any walls or subs?? and 35hz? thought you said 32 lol

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

Uh, thanks? No there is no 4 inch magic number, depends on various stuff. That being said, mine is 6 inches away, as the pics and caption say. But yes, I did say 32hz. I also said 35 hz.

Smaller pics this time hopefully it works better for people.

Started off the day by marking off where the box sat. This way I could drill through so I had a spot on the bottom to screw up perfectly. (not pictured)

IMG_7711.jpg

Painted the port with a cote while it was off

IMG_7712.jpg

Top on and screwed down

IMG_7714.jpg

I wanted to wait as long as reasonably possible to cut out the sub hole but now is that latest point. (since the router can't pass by with the bottom attached and Im not sure if im going to take it all off or not)

IMG_7715.jpg

My obviously home made circle guide and old router

IMG_7716.jpg

Obviously not the best but it works.

IMG_7717.jpg

Since I have access to a nice sandblaster for my mustang, I decided to make use of it and blast the parts that will be attached to fiberglass for hopefully a better bond. Its hard to see unless you notice that all the previous marks are gone.

IMG_7718.jpg

IMG_7719.jpg

This makes it a little bit more obvious. This is a closeup of regular mdf

IMG_7721.jpg

And here is a part I sandblasted. Much more rough.

IMG_7720.jpg

Glued and clamped down in places that needed clamped.

IMG_7722.jpg

while it was drying... sammich time!

IMG_7723.jpg

Yea you are hungry now...

IMG_7724.jpg

Time for glass. More tape and foil laid down.

IMG_7725.jpg

In place

IMG_7726.jpg

And a layer of glass down in some of the corners. I didn't want to do too much cause I was practicing a bit with mixture. Plus the resin is fairly old now... But when I checked it a while after I had started it seemed to be doing alright so ill be back on it tomorrow

IMG_7727.jpg

Archived